Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

John Hill's All Star (Guaranteed to Forget Nothing) Ski Trip Checklist

Poster: A snowHead
Surely you should always pack 'something for the weekend'? Essential survival tool as a water carrier
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
John Scott, you forgot hair wax. Obviously not a proper skier.

paulhothersall, alarming. Vodka, slabs of beer, one large funnel, 2 helmets, bent poles and a pair of super g skis. Please tell me what resorts you frequent and I'll avoid. snowHead At least you travel by ferry. Class.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
"johnhill", alarming. Vodka, slabs of beer, one large funnel, 2 helmets, bent poles and a pair of super g skis. Please tell me what resorts you frequent and I'll avoid. snowHead At least you travel by ferry. Class.

That was back in the uni days, so i suggest you steer clear of ANY uni champs trips.

They are back in LDA at the start of April this year.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 4-01-06 2:20; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watching the Black Watch in Verbier this past week - Kilt, Sporran, T Shirt, Sweatshirt, Ski boots, Bag pipes (optional), Glengarry and hackle.

Wallet and sporran flask.

I am usure if they had more than 1 T shirt and Sweatshirt
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
obelix67, best if you just wear all that for the journey.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SNOWHEADS HAT!!!!!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa, congratulations, if that's your list you must be the lightest packer in here.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnHill, I have a second list - am a not so secret technical freak Embarassed I take a fair bit of stuff with me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa, shame, I thought you were going to save us from the "listers". Better have your 2nd list then as you're not a closet lister.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JohnHill, I hope you never forget anything or you'll look like a right tosser !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Paul Mason, there's quite a lot of debate about that even when I do remember everything. Fact is I've learnt from years of packing and travel light, don't need a list and simply buy what I run out of out there be it T shirts, hair wax or baby stuff. Had to remind her indoors recently that Austrians also had babies otherwise they'd have died out a while back.

Anyway, I get the feeling you're a serial lister so best we're not seen together, eh?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have never used a list before but my last trip to Les Arcs forgot my ski gloves - as it was the end of season the only gloves the shop had left were the expensive one's - costly mistake. Just wanted to save myself €50. Saying that my gloves were the first item packed !!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Paul Mason, mind experts have proven, beyond doubt, that the brain can't think properly in lists. What's needed here is a "ski bag packing mind map" (anyone a fan of Tony Buzan). You'd start with a huge sheet of paper, a pic of yourself and your bags in the centre (fully or partially naked, your choice) and have small drawings or photos of items you need linked by lines to the parts of the body and then the bag they pertain to. This would be far more effective as it would help train your brain and would mean you could do without a list in future. Over to you.

Ladies, please post your mind maps soon as you've finished. Ta.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JohnHill wrote:
Scarpa, shame, I thought you were going to save us from the "listers". Better have your 2nd list then as you're not a closet lister.

I have a laminated winter climbing checklist - I can just tick items off and replace the climbing gear with ski stuff. The clothes are the same (plenty of crampon holes covered in duck tape). As I wear contact lenses and am diabetic I need to take plenty of glucose gels, food, medical stuff and glasses for the evening - wouldn't do to arrive without that stuff.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarpa, I hope your list doesn't delaminate.

JohnHill, I like that idea.

Paul Mason, you don't need gloves. Just seen Janica Kostelic ski a whole slalom with only one.
snow report
JohnHill, mind mapping is the lastest thing - we have done it on training courses rcently.
latest report
Would it be best to make a list before doing a mind map so as not to leave anything off it?
snow conditions
Paul Mason, it was also the latest thing in 1989 when I did it on a training course. wink

mistermouse, as long as you laminate it.
ski holidays
Perhaps a Management Consultant could get involved?
snow conditions
Can mod delete this thread - wish I had never asked the bloody question.
snow report
Paul Mason, looking at the forecast for Austria for next week midweek I would suggest the following:

Thermals
Hand Warmers
Foot Warmers
Willy Warmer ( I note only 1 will be required for your party)
Extra fleece
Balaclava
Neck fur
Survival bag

Did I mention that although sunny and clear that it might be a tad on the nippy side Very Happy
ski holidays
Paul Mason, don't forget to pack your list or you'll not remember what to pack when you come to do the journey home. wink

Have a good one anyway.
latest report
Ray Zorro, better make sure that a reminder to pack the list is on the list Wink
ski holidays
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
latest report
I never use one.
snow report
Only list I have is one to remind me of the important things to sort out. Cash (CHF/GBP usually get taken out of my wallet and put somewhere so safe I can never find it), Passport, Tickets, phone charger, suncream/lippy thing etc.
The ski kit has its own bag, so if it is not there then it must be in washing machine or drying.
And for evening/travel-days etc. it's just the right number of socks, t-shirts etc.
Oh and I always put 1 set of everything in the boot bag and 1 set of everything in the hand luggage, so if bags don't turn up, all I need is to acquire a set of ski-pants and/or boots in the resort so can ski from day 1 and hope any missing bags turn up quickly (well that's the theory anyway).
latest report
Ray Zorro, should the list and/or list reminder be laminated?
snow report
...should a laminating machine be packed?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Leuzzi wrote:
...should a laminating machine be packed?

Surely only if it is listed on the list rolling eyes
snow conditions
Paul Mason, priceless
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Anyone got a pic of a laminator and pouches I can put on my mind map.
snow report
Quote:

Anyone got a pic of a laminator and pouches I can put on my mind map.

I have....but its packed away with my ski gear. I'm going away in a few weeks.
ski holidays
no list and no mind - I'm completely Donald Ducked
snow conditions
I thoroughly approve of the revised title to this thread.
ski holidays
I'm sure you do John, I'm sure you do ! wink
snow conditions
Paul Mason, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing again.
latest report
How very dare you. Laughing

Can mod delete this thread - wish I had never answered the bloody question.
ski holidays
Paul Mason, nice one Laughing
ski holidays
I once worked in a research lab that had a vacuum sealer - I used to pre-pack jelly babies in sealed foil capsules for my trips. I am now wondering if I could simply laminate each jelly baby and wear them like a bandolier???
ski holidays
Earrings? hehehe
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy