Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Admin deleting posts for no apparent reason?

Poster: A snowHead
I am not too sure if I am actually welcome on here, I think anything to do with Nexus is now banned from here Sad ... I just felt it was necessary to inform everyone that actions have been taken against this person & hope that you guys can see this is not a representation of my company.
Thank you for welcoming me anyway though Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LOTSKI, I'm sure that, so long as you and your company abide by the (few) rules and regs which govern the site, you will be most welcome. Smile

[Edited to correct English: you can take the pedantry out of the name, but not out of the person.]

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 25-03-15 15:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Respect for coming on here and facing up Lottie. Johnny Snowboarder, depsite Johnny Snowboarder acting like a monumental bellend, it was very entertaining. We just waffle on about where to buy snow chains, the best route to a resort on a transfer day and how, 20 years ago, black runs were real black runs and pansies were flowers....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hurtle, Thanks, if that is the case I shall happily write a little introduction about myself. I don't want people to have the wrong impression Nexus or me as a person. I am actually quite nice Wink
I shall wait to hear from admin though ....... rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@cameronphillips2000, No problem, I stand by what I have said. Have to admit I was a little scared, felt like I was coming into the lions den Wink
It would have been VERY amusing if it had nothing to do with my company haha.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LOTSKI, no worries, glad you decided to clarify the issue and welcome on board.... just watch out for David Goldsmith, he's a journalist you know Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LOTSKI, your apology, on behalf of your company, is much appreciated. It does you credit.

However,
LOTSKI wrote:
JohnSnowboarder was a friend close to me and had some connections to my company.

Johnny Snowboarder would seem to have very close 'connections to your company'.
After all, he registered using your Mac immediately after you posted a pimp for one of your trips from it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@LOTSKI, like others I welcome your apology but I do think that denying any close connection between your company and "Johnny Snowboarder" is not going to wash.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, Hi Pam, I haven't denied a connection between him and my company he was actually a good friend of mine, hence me being very shocked at his behaviour. I have just said he is not one of the owners who runs the company and actions have been taken against him so he no longer has ANYTHING to do with Nexus.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@admin, I am glad to hear you appreciate my apology, as it is very genuine. As I just said to Pam, he was a good friend of mine, which makes this situation difficult. But due to his silly behaviour there shall be no more ties between him and my company.

Would we be able to have a conversation via pm - I have sent you a message & would quite like to discuss one point with you specifically...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@LOTSKI,

It is commendable to come on here and offer a no reserve apology for what happened. It would be nice to see you stay but maybe work at being a bit more active as just an ordinary member first rather than owner of a company, let people here get to know you, rather than your company.

Small steps are sometimes the best.

I think admin post above re using the Mac shows you need to take it slow and build that trust. Many company's have staff/owners who are active on here and are very highly regarded maybe that should be a goal you could aim for in the future. It is not hard from reading posts especially in equipment reviews/questions or Bend ze Knees to see who they are.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@LOTSKI, Well done for the apology, rare to get them these days. I think it would be good to perhaps edit your response to Graham post on facebook, and remove david goldsmiths pointless post from the replys if possible.

Perhaps your next holiday competition give away could be a snowheads only prize for a super / mega snowheads so we can get a trusted review?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@speed098, I completely agree, and I shall make more of an effort to involve myself in the forum as myself, in fact I would love that. The point which I was trying to make months back was when people were asking about a holiday of course then I am going to recommend my business, it would be silly to say go and book on with somebody else... But having said that, I will get involved in other areas of the forum more Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PaulC1984, What I would actually love is to have the review from Graham removed. My partner and I worked so hard to make all of our trips as amazing as possible for our customers (hence every single review we have had so far has been 5*)....
The review section on Facebook is for customers who have used our service, ie been on a trip with us. It is there to inform others of what a holiday with us is like.

I completely understand why it was initially put up there, out of anger & because somebody disrespected admin, but this could have a real negative effect on something that I have put my everything into. I would absolutely hate it if an individual who I trusted is allowed to ruin what I have built up. I know it is my fault for giving him my trust, but I had no reason not to. And again, I am truly sorry for the stupid things he said.

I am unable to remove or edit posts on the review part of Facebook - only the person who wrote the review/comments on there is able to do that.

It would be amazing if the review could be taken down, and then hopefully one day an honest review from one of you guys on one of my trips will be able to go with 5* Wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@LOTSKI,
Quote:

After all, he registered using your Mac immediately after you posted a pimp for one of your trips from it.

We don't know whether that was you, a friend, colleague, kid or dog (probably the dog) but be careful of the cyberpolice!! Toofy Grin
Snowheads is pretty short on active boarders, I think it is braver to confess to being a boarder than to have met the masses on here to apologise.... so well done on that!

I joined snowheads to spam my gaff. The first couple of posts (done by Ange wink ) are also copied and pasted. Then I started looking in other places around the site and have always tried to help people and offer some local info. Of course, I have a link in my sig to the business but it is very rare that I fell the need to directly spam a post.... and if I do then I normally put a !!!SPAM ALERT!!! warning on it so people know that I am blatantly trying to flog some beds to feed my withering and starving children.....

If only I'd known that this would cost me my sign up, 3 or 4 holiday prizes in the Xmas draw, push Admin down a mountain, meet loads of SH's in and around the area, get Ange to go to a Bash and moan about winter tyres and helmets.... (are yours off yet?)
latest report
@flangesax, I can promise you it was not myself or my business partner. Neither one of us would every speak to anybody like that - whether it has anything to do with the business or just on a personal level!! It was so rude.

No, I completely understand where you are coming from and I admit that I can try and get involved in other areas of the forum as much as possible.

I have had such a busy season I completely forgot to sort out my winter tyres, managed just fine with my trusty ol' chains though haha Smile
ski holidays
Let's not spoil what was a hugely entertaining thread by going back to the usual drivel about snow chains, helmets and, god forbid, transfer days....
snow conditions
@cameronphillips2000, -1 Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy