Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gold for Gillings-Brier at the European Cup in Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
FROM PRESS RELEASE:

Britain's no 1 Olympic snowboard cross athlete Zoe Gillings-Brier took dual podiums over the weekend at the European Cup competitions in Lenk, Switzerland.  With a full European Cup field for both competitions, Zoe took bronze on saturday following a nail biting photo finish but ensured a near perfect race day on sunday winning Gold.

Having taken the best part of the last 12 months out of snowboard cross competitions to focus on training for her next Olympic Games, Zoe returned to full time competition on saturday in Switzerland to gauge her return form following her absence.  Zoe qualified in 7th position and then put down a solid competition qualifying through her heats in 2nd place and ultimately finishing in 3rd place in the final.

A quick interview with Zoe following her weekend podiums.

After finding her feet and returning to race mode, Zoe went out on sunday at the second European Cup demonstrating a near perfect race.  Zoe qualified in 1st position by over 0.5 seconds from the 2nd qualifier from a full 35 athlete field including the two previous days medalists.  Zoe then went on to win both her quarter final, semi final and won Gold in the final by a considerable distance.

Zoe commented after the race, "Its been a fantastic weekend of competition.  Its the first time in 12 years I have taken a year out of racing to focus on training, it felt really weird at first but I got stuck into my training and I'm seeing the results. It hasn't been easy, 12 yrs at the highest level of competition can come repetitive and tiresome but now I'm loving being back, I'm full of energy, excitement and really loving being back in full time competition. Its awesome!"

Despite launching a new and innovative UK business to assist in funding her next Olympic cycle - www.poundshaveclub.com (which has attracted support from World famous actor & friend Simon Pegg, Calum Best - model, actor and son of footballing legend Georgie Best and Olympic Gold medallist Lizzie Yarnold - as well as invesment from City investors) Zoe has just announced a partnership with Mitsubishi motors in the UK to run the Mitsubishi Ski & Snowboard talent ID series at five venues in the UK over the summer - www.mitsubishisport.co.uk - more details will follow shortly but with a portfolio of snowboard podiums, online business and her goals to find and nurture new UK sporting talent, Zoe has an exciting Olympic cycle ahead.

Despite being one of the Worlds best Olympic snowboard cross athletes Zoe does not currently receive any UK Sport funding and has to live, train and compete from her own generation of funding.  This would not be possible if it were not for the awesome support of her sponsors but especially Ski Team 4, Mitsubishi UK, Celtic Associates, Nutrition X and Zoe's close friend and world renowned nutritionist Dr Graeme Close who plays a huge part in supporting and leading Zoe's Olympic program.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brilliant result for Zoe, and a good writeup showing just how hard UK athletes have to work to keep doing what they do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great performance!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy