Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baggy Base layers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for some new tshirts and zip necks to wear under my ski jacket as I understand that It isnt the best idea to wear cotton as you can smell a bit. I have looked at Helly hansen lifa and others but want something whcih fits more like a conventional t-shirt as opposed to being skin tight. Are there any sites I should be looking at. I have tried Ellis-brigham and snow and rock and am not overly impressed with the variety. what do you think.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Edmundh009, it's not so much the smell as the damp. Cotton soaks up the moisture and remains wet, so messes up the whole 'personal climate control' system that modern breathable fabrics are supposed to create. Proper base layers wick the moisture away from the body, whilst not soaking it up themselves. (Accordingly they also smell less Wink )

I have a selection of Keela base layer tops here.
I was going to send them back for the very reason that they are baggy and I assumed that people would want skin tight but if that's what you're after...

I even have a couple of prototypes (one Lrg, one Med) with the snowHeads logo on

£20 + £3p&p
colour
Size

Oh btw. the ladies ones aren't baggy (I guess because Ladies aren't baggy).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That might be what im looking for but I would probably need a small anyway. I am around 37" around the chest. Nice gear .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is the Keela size chart. It looks as if your on the boundary between what they regard as Small and Medium.

Jacket S M L XL
Chest 34/36 38/40 42/44 46/48

Trousers S M L XL
Waist 28/30 32/34 36/38 40/42

Ladies Jacket XS S M L
Chest ~10/34 ~12/36 ~14/38 ~16/40

Children Age 2 4 6 8 10 12
Height(cm) 92 104 116 128 140 152

I've just looked and I'm sorry but I don't seem to have any Small here. Just mens M or L and Ladies 10,14,16.
As I said, I have one M and one L with the logo on.

If u fancy giving it a try, you're quite welcome to return it if it doesn't suit and I'll refund minus p+p
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well if you want baggy, surely an inch spare around the chest won't hurt? NehNeh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Edmundh009, I bought some nice ones in Decathlon yesterday. Not too loose, not too tight, just perfect. They're Quechua Forclaz 200s if that's any help.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
North Face do some nice quick wicking non-tight base layers... there are plenty out there. Try Blacks for some decent priced togs...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for the help guys. Il get some to go along with the Snowheads one Ive just ordered (I think).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Went on the mountain factor.com and ordered some from patagonia and Panoma Il let u know how i get on. cheers for the help.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy