Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Update: Snow & Rock left a security tag on my new ski jacket.

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to everyone for the advice and offers of tools. Another problem successfully solved by the snowHeads hive mind snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Zero_G, sorted?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Zero_G, really glad to hear you've fixed it. S&R ought to offer you something back for the trouble and damage if you push their customer services.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name, see my last post on page 1, yes, sorted. Very Happy

sj1608, a box of good chocolates would do it (I'm a cheap date) wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well done.

Pretty useless security eh?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry Zero_G did not see this earlier.

Thse are magnetic tags ( the shop assistant should have put the reverse side with the bulge down onto a unit this has magnets in it as you can feel the affect of them on the tag as you locate it in the block. This releases the grip on the pin and you can pull the pin out easily). They can be cut off as well, you generally have to pull the pin and bend a bit to gain access to the shaft of the pin. Plus no dye inside to stain items so how bad the tag gets damaged is irrelivent you just need to protect your item.

These are an old technology these days and so you should find a shop that has the block/machine for removing them.

I would suggest anyone in the same position as the OP find a local shop in resort then get their phone number and get Snow and rubble or whoever to phone them and confirm it is a legitimate request. If you can't get that done then try with 2-3 of magnets first, before attempting to cut the tag off.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

My Mum bought a cot when she was shopping with me before Christmas. We left the store without a problem, wandered around for several hours

respect to your Mum, @Hells Bells, she must be a strong woman. wink

And @Zero_G too! Enjoy the new jacket.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
speed098, the suggestion of getting S&R to phone a local retailer is a good one – wish I had thought of that!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm thinking that if you were a tea-leaf you'd be taking these off without going into retailers for it, so I'd be surprised if anyone batted an eyelid at such a request. The whole point is to trip the alarm in the shop it came from, which manifestly it's failed to do, however you obtained it.

If anyone asked me to help with one of these I'd be happy to do it, all other things being equal.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I really don't think a french retailer or ski shop would bat an eyelid at this.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's pretty cheap to get a zip replaced. Well done Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you have the receipt, they should replace it for you as the zip has failed.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
S&R customer services replied to my email on Monday, saying that they forwarded my email to the store for someone to contact me. Haven't been contacted by anyone from the store and I still haven't received the emailed purchase receipt that was promised at time of purchase and that I requested on Sunday.

Pretty poor service overall. While I prefer to be pragmatic about the security tag incident, i.e. there is little S&R could have done about it from a distance (albeit the rather unhelpful offer to remove the tag if I shipped the jacket to them, which would have meant having no jacket for about a week), they could at least send me the purchase receipt that they have failed to send twice.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Zero_G, Sounds about right, speak to the store direct is my advice, have had issues in the past. Also don't get fobbed off with the standard answer "we'll have to send it off for manufacturers comments", its clearly their fault.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My daughter had the same issue with a hoody, granted the OP might not have had a lump hammer to hand but that combined with the garage floor was very effective.
ski holidays
Hi Zero G.....slushandrubble boss here.....super super sorry about the problem you have had with the tag on the jacket and i am pleased that you managed to find a solution.......personally i when i am in Chamonix i prefer to use the wine opener for French Red... Very Happy When you get back i would love to send you the box of chocolates as an apology from Snow+Rock...which store did you buy the jacket from?
ski holidays
Very Happy
snow report
Nice to see social media monitoring works. I wonder whether you should also be ensuring proper repair of the jacket as well. Not with S&R this has happened to me before. In fact I still have a running top from Mountain W/House with a tag on that I've never bothered to sort out. It was something I 'bought as it was buy one get one free.
snow conditions
welcome to Snowheads, @slushandrubbleboss, snowHead
ski holidays
+1
ski holidays
@slushandrubbleboss, Nice work.
ski holidays
slushandrubbleboss wow, thanks for the response, it is appreciated – I'll send you a PM about the specific store.

I could never turn down a box of chocolates and will admit that that was the most creative use of a wine opener that I've experienced.
latest report
I'm happy to report that, due to @slushandrubbleboss' actions, the manager of the store has sent me the receipt, which I'll need for Arc'teryx guarantee purposes.

And he has offered to replace the jacket (he's even gone so far a to order one in). I don't need a replacement jacket because the inside pocket is not essential and the damage to the zip is not major but the gesture is very much appreciated Very Happy
latest report
@Zero_G, that's great news. And he obviously has a sense of humour given the id he chose!!

If you don't want the jacket, I wonder if he could be persuaded to donate it for the 'draw' this year. It would be great publicity for S&R.
ski holidays
@sj1608, +1

@Zero_G, result, well done S&R
ski holidays
Yay!!! I can see a new career looming Twisted Evil Actually, I walked around with a baby buggy for nearly a year with a tag inside the base - I used to wonder why I set the alarms off!
ski holidays
Great result and kudos to S+R for turning a small negative into a big positive... The owners of the shop in the "shop lost my skis" thread should take note.
latest report
@Zero_G, good to hear. Power to snowHead collective Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@adithorp, +1
snow conditions
@Zero_G, Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Zero_G wrote:
I'm happy to report that, due to @slushandrubbleboss' actions, the manager of the store has sent me the receipt, which I'll need for Arc'teryx guarantee purposes.

And he has offered to replace the jacket (he's even gone so far a to order one in). I don't need a replacement jacket because the inside pocket is not essential and the damage to the zip is not major but the gesture is very much appreciated Very Happy

I'd take the replacement! The pocket might not be essential but it's a bit annoying to have damage to a brand new (expensive) jacket.

Great work from @slushandrubbleboss (welcome to Snowheads), result!
latest report
HoneyBunny, I hear what you're saying but on my previous – identical model – jacket, I only ever used that pocket for my ski pass. I can close the zip enough so the pass won't come out. It's not necessary to replace the jacket just for that. If it was one of the outer pockets, I would have kicked up far more of a fuss as I use those all the time for various essential bits that I wouldn't want to lose off piste, touring or mountaineering.

I don't believe in making trouble unless trouble is due... at that point, fallout shelters are generally recommended wink
snow report
adithorp wrote:
Great result and kudos to S+R for turning a small negative into a big positive... The owners of the shop in the "shop lost my skis" thread should take note.

Also S&R but doesn't say which branch
latest report
@Zero_G, but did you get chocolates?
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
adithorp wrote:

Also S&R but doesn't say which branch

I've pointed out he deserves chocolates as well. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy