Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lindsey Vonn

Poster: A snowHead
She divides opinion (mostly -ve on snowHead s I think) but got to give credit no?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/31966762

Happy now? Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 21-03-15 21:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Absolutely. Fantastic achievement.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 I followed her rehab an never thought she'd get back to the top. Chapeau
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@halfhand, she can strip out of her catsuit in my, well, anywhere, anytime she likes.

As a way to go, what a way to go Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, With 7 iron in the head to boot wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@halfhand, to aswer your OP, no matter what else you think, she's one helluva a skier. Awesome.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
out of interest why the negative. she's hot and she is quick what else is there
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't know what she sees in Tiger over me
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mugen, dunno - retaining the ability to express joy over the thing you've dedicated your life to. Not needing to grind all opposition to you under your bootheel to feel success, having a pulse, being a human.

But as Halfhand says - credit where credits due, so...

HAIL VONDROID! ALL GLORY TO THE VONNDROID!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@mugen, dunno - retaining the ability to express joy over the thing you've dedicated your life to. Not needing to grind all opposition to you under your bootheel to feel success, having a pulse, being a human.

But as Halfhand says - credit where credits due, so...

HAIL VONDROID! ALL GLORY TO THE VONNDROID!

not sure why there should be issue with her. unless you know her personally. I watch her ski and think she is amazing skier, well done. beyond that I really couldn't care
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As I've said before...

Quote:
[she is] a shining example of what can when people get put through that sports psychologist machine. Vonn has devoted her life to her sport and become arguably the best female skier of all time, depending on where you want to draw your lines. Yet she comes across as someone so devoid of emotion and joyless about what she does, where would the accomplishment be? "Hooray I'm the best at something I don't like doing... whoopiee". It's the ethos is that the act of Victory is more important that the act of competition. You see it in Vonn, you see it in people like Shawn White, which is why he's so widely disliked in snowboarding.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Richard_Sideways, interesting. I remember seeing an interview with Shawn White where he seemed to say he didn't really like the mountains and was grateful at the end of each winter to get back to the coast.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timberwolf wrote:
I would Toofy Grin

She wouldn't.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mugen, @Richard_Sideways, have either of you read Nathaniel Vinton's book "The Fall Line: how American racers conquered a sport on the edge"? He is a features reporter with the New York Times and has followed the development of the US ski team closely. He was given unprecedented access to all aspects of the team including interviews with all the current members and those who have recently retired. It makes very interesting reading, if you want to read it the kindle is the cheapest!

There is no denying that she is by miles the best glider on the circuit but all this guff about her coming back from a "career-ending injury" grates - ACL reconstructions are 2 a penny out there and her second injury was a direct result of her pushing too hard too soon and against her primary doctor's advice. People like Herman Maier and Chemmy came back from far worse injuries with less beating of that particular drum! Her media team are really milking the injury claims as far as I'm concerned.
snow report
Samerberg Sue wrote:
ACL reconstructions are 2 a penny out there...

Reconstructions are fairly common. Ones where the patient recovers to perform at the same level are somewhat less common, I would suggest. Either way, at that kind of age, it's no mean feat to come back.

I'm no great fan of "media teams", so I can see where you're coming from on that. I'd prefer Vonn to let her deeds speak for themselves.

Nikki Lauda's comeback must be the best - racing a Formula 1 car a few weeks after being read the "Last Rites" and winning the drivers' crown the following year.
snow conditions
@The Flying Snowplough, for a professional skier, racer or otherwise, ACL injuries are common, almost like work injuries. Most of the top racers have undergone at least one knee reconstruction among other injuries. Look at the number of professional sportsmen and women that have undergone the same procedure. With the kind of 1:1 rehab programmes as well as sport-specific proprioception strength and agility programmes they can come back to pre-injury levels. Maria Höfl-Riesch went through 2 recons as well before retiring at the top of her game despite a very strong challenge from Maze and Fenninger amongst others
snow report
I just think you should spell her name correctly... Toofy Grin
snow report
According to my mate whose job was polishing the courtesy Audis* at the World Champs as the medallists arrived Fenninger is many degrees hotter than the Vonnbot.

*curiously this is not actually a euphemism.
latest report
It's a well known 'fact' that the Vonnbot is capable of emitting a powerful chilling field through a series of internal heat-exchangers allowing her to refreeze the surface of the course directly in front of her and gain advantage, hence the perceived hotness differential between her and human rival Fenninger.
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
According to my mate whose job was polishing the courtesy Audis* at the World Champs as the medallists arrived Fenninger is many degrees hotter than the Vonnbot.

I would say Fenninger and Gut are the hottest (imho) but wouldn't chuck vonn out the way Smile
ski holidays
Just watched a 45 minute documentary called Lindsey Vonn - The Climb on RedBull TV. http://www.redbull.tv/videos/AP-1GH81DB191W11/lindsey-vonn-the-climb#autostart

Really interesting that covers the 18 months from her first accident to the beginning of this current season.
snow report
@no_snow_in_swindon, Thanks for the link.
latest report
@no_snow_in_swindon, thanks. Awesome work and dedication, really, really impressive.
ski holidays
Really good video! Thanks
snow report
(vomit)
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

Having sat in the bar of Hotel Regina in Sölden with Anna Fenninger at the very next table, all I can say is ..... melt! ..... Lindsey was on the glacier that week too, and Schiffrin who is so "mom's apple pie"-cute that it hurts. But Anna wins it by a length.
snow conditions
Nice to see all these altheletes graded by their looks.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Filthyphil30k wrote:

well no one wants a munter on telly Smile
latest report
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/vonn-really-loves-watching-golf-not-really/?cid=twitter-gc-a-vonn-really-loves-watching-golf-not-really-042115
ski holidays
I met them both in Val D'Isere back in December at the Ladies DH bib draw. Lindsey was nice but no-where near as nice as Anna who is an absolute honey, even nicer in person than on TV! Was so polite and genuine when I talked to her in comparison with Lindsey where it all seemed a bit forced.
snow conditions
mugen wrote:
Filthyphil30k wrote:

well no one wants a munter on telly Smile

Obviously.

Benefits Britain is a no totty show.

Unless toothless fat tattood monsters are your thing.
latest report
http://m.bbc.com/sport/golf/32601590
snow report
Oh, it's tragic.
ski holidays
@altis, That @stanton, is so late http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=118856 wink
latest report
@halfhand, Sorry did not read that one!
latest report
Samerberg Sue wrote:
@The Flying Snowplough, for a professional skier, racer or otherwise, ACL injuries are common, almost like work injuries. Most of the top racers have undergone at least one knee reconstruction among other injuries. Look at the number of professional sportsmen and women that have undergone the same procedure. With the kind of 1:1 rehab programmes as well as sport-specific proprioception strength and agility programmes they can come back to pre-injury levels. Maria Höfl-Riesch went through 2 recons as well before retiring at the top of her game despite a very strong challenge from Maze and Fenninger amongst others

Only just seen this!

I'm not disputing that ACL injuries can be recovered from. My point is that there are plenty of folk who have been finished off by them or who suffer a loss of performance as a result. Therefore, "career threatening injury" is a fair description of an ACL rupture.
ski holidays
I have withdrawn my comment as I feel it was said in the heat of the moment and does not fairly represent my views and opinions.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 16-05-15 17:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@affectedboat, In your opinion. Different strokes for different folks innit Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Surely Maze is up there in the hot stakes?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy