Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Gear Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here is my situation. I "won" a ski equipment package through American Express. This includes skis, bindings, boots, and poles. I have the option to take the winning (at a cost of $810 + income tax on 1700), or reject the winning.

My choices are visible here:
http://www.tramdock.com/tramdock/promo/793/?sort=price

I was looking at the
salomon scrambler hot ski w/ s912 ti binding, which comes with teh xwave 10.0 free boots and some poles

Is this a good deal? I was thinking of getting myself some skis, but I am a pretty frugal guy and I was thinking of buying some stuff off ebay. I have also never tried these skis on obiously, so I don't know how they feel for me.

I am an intermediate-advanced skier now, but I've only ever used rental skis.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jdbeast0000, at that price I would reject the winning unless the boots fit just right.

Welcome to snowheads.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex wrote:
jdbeast0000, at that price I would reject the winning unless the boots fit just right.

Welcome to snowheads.

I get to choose boot, ski, and pole sizes. One concern that I have is that the boots are for advanced skiers and I am an intermediate... Would I be able to cope with the additional stiffness in the boot? Should I try to switch the boot to a more intermediate one? (i think i can do that)

It seems that this equipment would sell for around 1400+ if I were to buy it retail.

thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jdbeast0000,

I would speak to your local friendly bootfitter, offer to buy lots of kit from them and ask if (once you have explained the situation) if they would do a swap with the boots for a lower level more suitable boot, if you are going to buy some more kit and pay for fitting they may do this!!

other than that you could take the 'prize' and sell it on e-bay to fund more suitable gear
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM wrote:

other than that you could take the 'prize' and sell it on e-bay to fund more suitable gear

Yeah, trouble is there's several auctions up already attempting to recoup their money on this package, thus far no bids at either $550 or $899: 8744915780, 8745183977 , both on unused.

If he was to use the kit then auction it, the current trading prices look like:

Foil package: $360 (ski-used) + $240 (boot-used) + $100 (binding - used) : $700 or a $110 loss not counting income tax

GC package: $450 (ski+binding) + $150 (boot-used): $600 or a $210 loss not counting income tax

Scrammy Hot package: $360 (ski+binding-used) + $150 (boot-used) : $510 or a $300 loss not counting income tax.

jdbeast0000, it isn't just the size of your foot, it's the shape of the foot and the lower leg and how you use both.

IMO you'd get better ski happiness by taking that $800 to any bootfitter and buying most any skis with whatever money's left afterwards.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex wrote:
IMO you'd get better ski happiness by taking that $800 to any bootfitter and buying most any skis with whatever money's left afterwards.

This is exactly what I will do. Thank you very much!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy