Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school recommendation - Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I’m going skiing over Christmas (21st - 28th Dec) with my partner who’s never skied before. We’re going to get him a lesson at the Hemel Snow Centre before we go, but I’m also looking for some ski school recommendations in Zell. I’ve come across Outdo, who seem to have the best online reviews. Has anyone here used them or any others?
Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I arranged a couple of private lessons with the main ski school (office next to the CityXpress lift) for extended family who were on skis for the first time. Was very unimpressed with the instructor (South African guy called Jesse). First morning he was 30 minutes late as didn't realise the time had changed! Second day he got everyone to move to a different area, but left it to me to help half of the group across. He was generally disinterested and they made almost no progress after a total of 4 hours of lessons, which is a real shame. So, I would strongly advise not to go with him!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@coxy84,

There are 3 main ski schools in Zell Am See. Outdo, Sport Alpin and Skischule Zell Am See who I will be instructing with this coming season. It is the biggest and longest standing ski school in the area. There are three different offices all run by different people. You have the Areitbahn, CityXpress and Schmittenhöhe, the latter being the office that I will be teaching out of this season. I am more than happy to help.

Kind Regards
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How late in the season are you staying for @pineapplechunks10?

We're looking to travel out end of March and Zell am See is top of the list assuming it has decent snow cover.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Riccardo,

I'll be teaching for the whole season so will be there in March. Zell being a low altitude resort and it being towards the end of the season snow cover at that time can be quite variable from year to year. That being said you can often get significant snowfall mid to late march. There is the Kitzsteinhorn glacier not to far from Zell which is 1000m higher at the summit thus providing excellent snow cover during that period if snow in Zell is sub optimal. All covered under the same lift pass. For this year there is a new tri-cable gondola (3k Konnection) from the top Maiskogel to the glacier making it a far easier and shorter journey than previous years. Feel free to message me in regards to any other questions you may have.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pineapplechunks10, Many thanks, I may well take you up on that. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good morning
I have a question that I am hoping @pineapplechunks10 may be able to help with?
We have skied Zell am See for several years and used Skischule Zell am See from City Express as it is the closest lift to our accommodation. The kids have always enjoyed it and liked the groups and instructors and had a great week, which is what its all about. My question is regarding the sorting of the children into groups as this year we have joined a UK indoor ski club and the kids are coming on really well and getting more proficient as they are skiing regularly. they have always been sorted based on a quick ski down a short slalom type run and then placed with an instructor and these have all varied widely in experience and provision of teaching for example it ended up that my younger daughters group were taken to more challenging pistes and areas than the older one whose group was supposed to be a higher level. For the last couple of years she been in the same level group and has felt disappointed at the end of the week when they get their book, because she has improved between visits. I am wondering if there is any way (besides private lessons) of making sure that they go into a group that is going to the best for them whilst still having all the fun that you get in ski school with the other kids? I did think that I would speak with the coordinator on the first morning but it is always so busy and chaotic. Does the Schmittenhohe office operate the same way? Thank you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Riccardo, I hope to see you in Zell.

@Sparkygirl, I'll send you a message with my thoughts on your question.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy