Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

trip to japan 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
would anone be interested in a trip to niseko (japan). next year as it would be cheaper for a group of us to go rather than me on me own. we would be staying in a japanese pension(hotel run by kamakazis) seriosly niseko has a base of 300 cm at this time of year and it dumps every night at least 20 cm or more so you would be guaranteed pow days . want to go for 2 weeks...http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/niseko-now.php
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi -- I'd def be interested. I've snowboarded in Japan lots before, although mostly at Hakkoda, a little-known mountain in Aomori, which is at the top of the main island (sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know). One cable car to the top and then just two marked runs back down, so tons of empty off-piste backcountry bliss, and on weekdays it is practically deserted; it's actually unreal really to have that much powder to yourself. Niseko is amazing but much more crowded. I believe there are other more remote resorts in Hokkaido that are better than Niseko in terms of untracked back-country; although it dumps and dumps, it still gets tracked out pretty quick at Niseko I found (there are tons of hard-riding aussies there these days!). Anyway, take a look at www.snowjapan.com if you haven't already, that should help you with planning. Keep in touch and let me know what you come up with.
Emily x
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the reply emily. oh happy new new year to you. i will keep in touch with you do you ride (snowboard) or ski..p.s they have had tons of pow in japan this season i cant believe it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I snowboard. Yes I heard about the dumps they are getting. So jealous! Have you been there before?
emily x
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no i havent. but been to alaska. kev
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Im traveling to Niseko in late Feb to ski. I hail from Perth Australia and Ive skiied Austria and Switzerland.
I havnt been to Japan before, how long is their season?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
there season is from dec to end march, but there having record breaking snowfalls at the moment some resorts with a 6 metre base already .www.snowjapan.com
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Most big resorts try to stay open until "Golden Week"(first week in May). If this season continues like now June looks possible! Spring skiing starts in April in a couple of areas which are inaccessible in winter and can continue until July....the record was the first week in August about 30yrs ago. Many locals only ski/board Hakkoda after the main resorts have closed which may be why you found it deserted.
A lot of resorts are pretty deserted weekdays now.....the skiing market has not recovered.
If you're planning a 2 week trip you'll have time to check out other areas.
The downside of this season's record snow....72 people dead, damage to property and rising vegetable prices(35-54%).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Put me on your list if you can as Ill be skiing next year too. Have you thought about Rusutsu?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy