Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cold Turkey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now I know that subject title cunjured up a few ideas of what this thread was going to be about, especially at this time of year anyway.

Im suffering serious depression since my return from my skiing holiday, well not depression as such but a bit down in the dumps and the thought that the next trip may not be as soon as I would like its getting me down Sad

As some of you may or may not know that said trip was my first trip to ski on the real stuff and It was exactly how I hoped it would be and more. But im home now Sad and although Christmas has been nice I cant help but feel a bit 'flat' and the thought of returning to work on Tuesday isnt nice.

Im also not too sure that my frequent visits to these forums is aiding my recovery.

Please help.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 30-12-05 17:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The solution appears simple to me, book another holiday. But you didn't want to hear that did you?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Renry, Have you tried Mountain Biking, some of the same kicks and you can pursue it in this country ,not quite the same thing I know but worth trying snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Download that ORF skiing game thing: you'll get so annoyed at crashing that you'll forget what you were depressed about. I've also got to return to work on Tuesday and I haven't had the envious luxury of a pre-Xmas skiing trip! Sad I had to wait 8 months after my first trip but I made it, just about. Last season I grabbed a quick weekend at Easter that helped. Did I mention that ORF skiing game...?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im playing this at the moment http://www.demoindex.com/games.php?game=Ski%20Alpin%202006&g=1070 which is worth a look Sharkymark,

What is the ORF game you are talking about? can you link to where the original thread on that game started please ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's in "The Piste" but a few pages back...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Renry, we had exactly the same problem after our first ski-ing holiday. In the car home from the airport we swore blind we would not book another ski-ing holiday for at least a week; as it was we booked another ski-ing holiday on the Tuesday (to Val Cenis, which is pretty economic).

Welcome to the tribe snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Start buying lots of equipment and then you'll have no excuse not to go more than once a season...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
After my first holiday, when I fell in love with ski-ing on huge long planks on a school trip to Norway at the age of 16, I was 40 before I could afford to go again. Nobody in my family had ever been on a winter sports holiday and I had used the whole of my savings account, into which grannies had been paying savings stamps, to pay for it. But now I am the very proud owner of a little apartment alongside the piste in a resort nobody has heard of, one of the few old ladies learning to snowboard, and looking forward to our fourth season out there, and our grand-daughter's first visit to the snow. So hang in there, Renry, it will happen. But having kids doesn't help, I can tell you. Not because little kids don't like winter sports holidays - they do - but because it is so expensive to take them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My first trip was to the modest little resort of Crest Voland in 1992 with the school. On getting back to school the following monday I listened with anticipation during everymorning assembly for the announcment of next year's trip.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our first skiing trip was to Val Thorens in Feb - as soon as we got back we booked to go to Les Arcs at Easter.

Do some research into where you think you would like to visit next - this can keep you occupied for hours! Worry later about when you will be able to get there. If Mrs Renry isn't keen on another one this year there is always the EOSB!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Renry, So how was your trip - it was to Zell am See wasn't it? The run down from the top of the Schmittenhohe is nice snowHead . Did they have a Christmas Market in the town square?. Did you visit Crazy Daisy's?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes the run from the peak is nice (burning thighs though). The Chritmas market was lovely in the centre but didnt visit Crazy Daisy's. We where staying outside of Zell which made it difficult for evening drinks etc. We ended up staying half board at our hotel so we spent the evenings there. Plus we where always too tired for too much of a late night Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy