Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiring skis in Utah

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering what the collective SnowMind thinks. We're off to Utah next Friday (woohoo!) and as the snow looks kind of fun and fluffy I think we might want to hire some fun off-pistey skis (as opposed to the funny narrow piste things that most of us possess). A frequent complaint from SWMBO is that her Volkl race dept Slalom skis don't float so well in powder. I would like to rectify this.

We intend to ski (at least): Alta, Snowbird, Park City.

Any recommendations or known pitfalls on kit hire?? (We are all competent recreational skiers and will be wanting decent stuff).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More specifically, anyone know of anyone renting Stockli Stormriders?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David, I've been in one shop in Snowbird and I don't think they had Stocklis (had Salomon Scream Extra Hot, B3s, Dynastar Bigs...that's what I remember).

I might get some more info for you shortly, or perhaps Fox will see this and answer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DM,

The XL will be OK for Sophie in deep snow and great fun for blatting around but I would think you might go fatter and more off-piste specifuc. The Dynastars 8000 is good - it will not have the edge of the XL but you will be in deep stuff, so who cares. And if the snow is soft I would get the 8800 as well. Volkl AC3's are another one.

The Stockli Snake BC is another that I want to try - didn't like the ordinary Snake as its an in between ski for me.
Then you are getting into the realms of the Karma etc... I would try them in good new fresh snow alongside one or two K2's, Zags and the B3 if you can get past the graphics... Laughing Laughing Laughing

But can't help you with what you may find..... Got any spare places...? Laughing Have a great trip..!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, Thanks John, I will see what I can find. And report back. We do actually have a spare place if you can do a last minute week?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cedric, cheers. I rented pocket rockets last time, unimpressed, hoping to do better this time!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DM,

PM me with the nitty gritty... I don't know about work but I might just have time to get a new credit card... Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, you will struggle to find Stocklis in Utah, but... At Snowbird, they have a Legend Demo Center, so, plenty of Dynastar 8000 and 8800s there (and if you're lucky you might even get the 11000s). Christy Sports also have demo and hire skis, and many are fat - Rossi B4 size, etc.

Down in the valley, try Canyon Sports or Ski n See (both on 7200S)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think US demo class skis run around $40 a day but you can ususally apply a few day's rental against purchase - so if the late season discounts are starting you can ski a variety of skis and come home with a pair for an additional $2-300 if you're lucky. I saw a pair of 06 Seth Vicious already discounted to $300 in Reno at New Year.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
I saw a pair of 06 Seth Vicious already discounted to $300 in Reno at New Year.

I almost bought a pair of Public Enemies for $219 last week.

There are deals to be had in Utah!

DM - go to one of the REI stores if you're thinking of buying...

Salt Lake City
3285 E 3300 S
or
Sandy
230 W 10600 S Ste 1700

(the Sandy store is just of the I15, and is beside the South Towne Mall. If you drive past the REI store, there's also a Gart store in the same complex)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat, fatbob, cheers.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch, and if you go to the Sandy store, they had 1 pair of Rossi Axial Pro 110 bindings (last year's turntable ones) on sale for $99.30. The other store is now sold out of them, thanls to Jon & me... Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy