Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to the Alps? Careful on the roads....

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.speedysuisse.com/1024/lescentres.htm

I am a Geneva customer ... although will transfer to Conthey. Same company as UK kwikfit .... big French presence
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Daily Telegraph motoring writer mocks French snowchain laws and British motorists ... in this article.

Putting oneself into the mindset of a Telegraph reader, it's moderately amusing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
James May has been spending too much time with Clarkson. Prats who neglect to take snowchains should have their car crushed.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, So the funny fellow-graph has finally lost the plot.

Can we focus on advice ( as we see it) ?

E
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Snow chains OR winter tyres is the actual requirement I believe.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 8-01-06 7:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eEvans wrote:
http://www.speedysuisse.com/1024/lescentres.htm

I am a Geneva customer ... although will transfer to Conthey. Same company as UK kwikfit .... big French presence

Yep. Romandie only. Since Bern is an hour and a half from us and Geneva almost 3 hours, I think the petrol costs make our local 100m down the road cheaper even if it is 35 squid a throw! But thanks anyway, appreciated
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all for the advice.
Pirelli finally admitted that they only manafacture Winter tyres in June! and once they are all sold that's that until next June.
Jaguar Coventry could not help and blamed Pirelli but did concede (in writing ) that I could put any tyre's 'fit for purpose' on the car without affecting the Warranty.
So after many calls and e-mails. Micheldever tyres www.micheldever.co.uk Came up with Vredsteins that were available and acceptable to Jaguar. But they are a whopping £40.00 each more expensive than the Pirelli's.
Now fitted to the car the extra grip on wet/greasy roads is readily noticeable and makes little difference to noise or handling.
Having had a good look at what are now my 'summer tyres' I can easily see the difference and the reason why they were 'interesting' on snow and ice.
If you are in the South and looking for tyres Micheldever is to be reccomended.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
second that, they are excellent, the only place i go - especially for 4 wheel alignment which they are fantastic at.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, So are we actually going to see these tyres on the webcam next week? Razz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mouth, Very Happy wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, I take it that is a yes then........
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mouth, We can but try Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Respect if you can pull this one off: A webcam shot of the whole Mouth, & boredsurfin, parties sledging down into Montalbert on the upturned bonnet of the aforementioned Jag.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman,

I like a challenge Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
and not a removal lorry in sight....... yes we can but try Cool
ski holidays
Mouth wrote:
and not a removal lorry in sight....... yes we can but try Cool

Never seen one in the village.....ever wink
snow conditions
boredsurfin, ok that does it you are now buying....... Mad
latest report
Small bump

Driving back today there was once again a Gendarme and his speed gun at marker point 38.6 just before the Calais Peage and at the Peage 2 GB cars pulled over for speeding!

Four times since Christmas there has been a Radar check at 38.6 remember 130 kph is the speed limit. Very Happy
ski holidays
boredsurfin,

Thanks for the reminder I'm driving from Spain to Davos tomorrow, but I don't do much over 130kph the old diesel Land Cruiser get too much of a thirst on Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy