Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

i am a punter -new ski purchase

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

for the past five years i have been skiing on scott missions and loved them. It was time for new skis and I attended the ski show and was sold/bought Rossignol Soul 7 skis which I really like, however, I am really keen to get a pair of skis at the other end of the spectrum, a good pair of piste skis.

When i travel, i can easily take two pairs, so if you had soul 7's and wanted a pair of good piste ski's, what would you go for?

Cheers
Mr Ted Madeye-Smiley Puzzled snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blizzard Latigo (78mm underfoot) or the Brahma (88mm underfoot). Mount them & your S7's with Quiver Killer inserts to share the one set of bindings & to flat pack when traveling.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers spyderjon, i will look into them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
anybody else got any recommendations? thanks in advance.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
get a proper piste specific pair, no more than (cant believe i'm about so say this rolling eyes ) 71mm

you all ready have an all mountain freeride ski and the soul7 is pretty capable on piste anyway but a proper piste performance / race ski is much more capable and is at the other end of the spectrum.

Sticking with Blizzard though because they rock pick whatever one you like from their race line up, you wont be sad on those icy days I assure you Toofy Grin

or the volkl racetiger uvo is another great piste ski
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers, sounds like a plan, i will check them out. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you want a piste ski, the Nordica Doberman GS cheater ski is great. I skied these over new year in 176cm and they certainly make you feel like a pro (and trip you up if you get lazy too).

http://www.nordica.com/products/dobspitfire-pro-n-pro-prevo/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@geeo, I've got Volkl Code Speedwall S UVO's which are epic on-piste skis with a touch of tip and tail rocker which makes them forgiving enough to get you out of the sh*t when you make a mistake.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Volkl Code Speedwall S UVO's

Bit late to the party, but i rented a pair of these recently and they're the best skis I've ever had. Fantastic edge grip on hard pack, fun and easy to skid around soft bumps, and stability at all speeds. The crazy looking UVO thing seems to actually work. If you like fast aggressive piste skiing these are unbeatable. Significantly better than Head Magnums I had a few weeks ago - and I thought they were excellent...

I am also a punter, born and bred Toofy Grin

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 22-03-15 20:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, they are definitely jaw droppers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have the Volkl Speedwall L UVOs and absolutely love them. Longer radius then the S, but all the same qualities really. Think the are slightly wider underfoot maybe 76mm?

@irie, Did anyone suggest to you what the UVO looks like on your skis? I mean I have been called a Tw@t on skis before, but hey Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jonkgray78

Ah yes, the Ultimate Vibration Object. Laughing

The "S"'s are 74mm
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kastle MX 72, some v good 2nd hand ones around
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cheers all, picked up some Blizzard Latigo's from snow and rock for £269!!! you cant leave skis in a shop at that price can you??

off next friday for 9 nights in tignes, looking at the forecast, who knows what the weather will be like, although i feel covered with the latigo's and soul 7's.

How exciting.....third trip of year and can't wait.

Mr ted snowHead Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have been looking at exactly this deal...

I love the Brahma and nearly bought some, is the Latigo less stiff? It is billed as the most important ski of 2015, but such discount prices suggest this might be overly optimistic... Anyone have views?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy