Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vov?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Many moons ago I used to regularly ski in Italy, mainly La Thuille. During the odd rest
I would drink a "vov" in the mountain bars. A friend of mine has just returned from Florence and kindly given me a bottle as, when he saw it it reminded him of me, "banging on about it"! Only problem is I don't remember how it was served or if anything is mixed with it, I know it was served hot, but nothing else.
With the snow outside, I'm hoping to recreate those halcyon days with the family this evening. Can anyone out there in Snowhead land offer me some advise?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Simon, don't hold me to this... 25 years since I had my last Vov in a god-forsaken place called Aprica. If I remember it was hot frothy milk, grappa and honey. The grappa might also have been brandy but I had had one Vov over the eight so can't be sure... in fact, just disregard all of the above.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you're refering to a Bombardino which, according to a previous poster (thanks AxsMan!) is comprised of:

1 part Vov (or advocaat if no vov to hand), 1 part Brandy, 2-4 parts HOT milk, add whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vov and Bombardino are FANTASTIC! That and fruit grappas on the slopes taught me to ski Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Are you telling me they don't have this stuff in other resorts? I've only skiied in Italy so far.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had bombardinos in Livigno - wow - warms the cockles of yer art so it does
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bombardino are superb, i thought that might be what you are talking about Simon

I thought the recipe was adovcaat, then warmed brandy, whipped cream with chocolate sprinkled on top. They never put any warm milk near it when i've seen it made - on quite a few occasions now Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep Bombardino, that's it, I remember now. Thanks everyone especially Clive. It was my daughters birthday
on the 1st. We sat out out in the garden with our friends wearing ski gear. Burgers and hot dogs and bombardinos. It was a great success, bring on the ski holiday 29/1 to Gressonay, can't wait!!!
Happy and prosperous new year to you all.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Simon, A friend of mine brought four bottles of Vov back from Pila a couple of years ago, purely to make Bombardini. The hot milk is optional, as is the proprtion of Vov & Brandy. One of the things I enjoyed best about skiing in the Aosta resorts is that each mountain bar makes its own version of a bombardino, some large (and frothy), some smaller and seriously strong. My personal favourite was from the Yeti Bar in Pila - small (but perfectly formed) Smile

Happy New Year to All
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dear Axsman, hoping to do one days skiing in Pila whislt staying in Gressonay. I'll track down the
Yeti bar and see if I agree. Cheers!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last week IN Champoluc we went on a Bombardino hunt. Worst was at the Belvedere (Max's) where the barman was horrified when I asked for a Vov and Grappa (which is advertised at the top of the new bubble from Crest). Best was at the Belvedere where their own recipe is 70:30 Vov and Brandy. Just heated up with the coffee steamer. Marmotless.

We saw a fox on the way up too, if I'm on the animal topic.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch,
Quote:

We saw a fox on the way up too, if I'm on the animal topic.

Was he on fats? Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbunny, Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny, no, but he was leaving very foxxy tracks...

Funnily enough he/she wasn't in arctic plumage (fur-rage?) - but quite brown.

Beats the Alpine Vole we saw last year terrorising tourists. (The vole not us!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy