Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Silverski in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if any fellow SH had stayed with Silverski in Meribel - in particular Chalet Kings Hame. Some half decent late deals out there. Any reviews or personal experience to share ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I may be a bit biased, as admittedly i worked for silverski in meribel a long time ago now, but generally you cannot fault the service and value you get from them, decent food, normally mature (married) chalet hosts, and sunday tranfers ( less traffic and quiet Saturday skiing!!), the amount of repeat bookings says it all!!!
also best ski area in the world, hope you have a great time if you decide to go with them.
cheers
terry
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@terrygasson, Thanks, already booked (for £400 each incl flights, transfers etc seemed good value) and only heard good things about Silverski. Not stayed in Meribel before so I don't know the layout of the town, not much detail on the chalet on their website but is a 6 min walk or free bus to the lifts. Just hoping the snow stays until 5th April !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@damobloke1, Meribel might be a bit low for April, but there's plenty of great skiing higher up.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, that was my thinking too!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How is Meribel too low at 1400 metres and top peaks 2950 and 2700 ? most alpine villages are below that and have great spring skiing...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret wrote:
How is Meribel too low at 1400 metres and top peaks 2950 and 2700 ? most alpine villages are below that and have great spring skiing...

We went to the 3V late March a few years ago and anything below 1800m was frozen porridge in the morning and slush in the afternoon, so hot was it. (We skied in fleeces rather than jackets and were still really hot.) The skiing at high altitude was absolutely superb, as was sunbathing at lunchtime!

There was a lot of snow on the ground, but the combination of no new snow and high temperatures did lead to a conclusion of "Anything below 1800m is too low".
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
like most things that are weather dependant, it is luck of the draw, I have been there in early april, and it has been like a bad scene from Glastonbury, but worst case you could get on rhodos/tougnette at mid station to avoid the mud if you want, but generally you could always ski down to le pub steps. on the other hand I have been there in mid april and have had the best conditions, on and off piste for the whole season, after a couple of weeks of on/off snow.
at the end of the day, due to the amount of investent in lifts/snow cannons, it is why it is without doubt the best ski area in the world!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

most alpine villages are below that and have great spring skiing...

the French villages below that kind of altitude generally close in early April. There are three lower villages in the Espace Diamant and they all close completely in early April - the 6th I think, this year. And sometimes a fair few pistes will be either closed or not worth bothering with before that. The lower Megeve lifts will close before end of March.

Meribel is linked to much higher skiing so will stay open even when it's a mud fest, I suppose. But outside the big ski factories few resorts will be open after mid April. Sometimes the snow might be fine - but the customers have gone biking.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Actually it is really bad skiing Easter time in Meribel, the restaurants are rammed, no sun chairs to be found, icy horrid snow (if it isn't a mud fest) and huge queues, avoid at all costs (especially 6-13 April) Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy