Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow emergency in Bulgaria. Skiing shuts down. Avalanche kills 3

Poster: A snowHead
Major snowstorm in southern Bulgaria over the weekend ... 3 killed near Bansko ...

Yahoo! News. Today Monday 9 March. "Snow-hit Bulgaria regions declare state of emergency"
https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/snow-hit-bulgaria-declares-state-emergency-095634781.html

More: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKI.HUB/permalink/1590041467949286/

Also on SKI.HUB ...

Courchevel: Russians cut back on €6000 bottles of wine and go for budget options (€X00s)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKI.HUB/permalink/1589849227968510/

Atomic Airtime in Japan. 2 minutes of lush skiing, powder and sounds. Video released yesterday
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKI.HUB/permalink/1590043144615785/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I fekkin hate news links that are only accessible through Facebook.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The first link doesn't need faceslap but let me summarise:

There was some snow. Quite a bit really. 14 inches since Thursday. Now they are worrying tis going to melt.

Its been really breezy too.

3 local lads went off piste in a high risk of avalanche. You can guess the rest...

But I don't get why Mr Marx likes to post these. I'm guessing he has an embedded pay per hit somehow?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Absolutely not. SKI.HUB is what is says ...

Quote:
This is an experiment in developing a (non-commercial, no-spam) ski information hub, link buffet, photo feast, video fest, joke machine, chat factory ... and the usual Fleet Piste of rolling news.

Non-commercial also means SKI.HUB is non-income (since Facebook provides the platform for publishing it for nothing) ... but it's important for it to have a semi-independent readership/membership and hosting, in relation to future linked projects. I've been posting free news on various platforms: ifyouski.com, SCGB, Winterhighland, EpicSki, snowHeads etc. for some 15 years, following c.25 years ski journalism in print.

David G
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp wrote:
I fekkin hate news links that are only accessible through Facebook.
especially when they are just to self promote DG's FB Ski Hub page?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally I have no problem with the concept of independant collated source of ski info but you immediately shoot yourself in the foot by using Faceache, which is only available if you agree to their terms and conditions.
Surely you DG must think their t&c's are worse than snowheads, which you at times haven't seemed to happy to sign up to?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I do wonder why anyone over 14 would want to "promote their FB page". How sad can people be?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pam w, fb can be a very successful business marketing tool. My friend opened a cafe in the middle of nowhere (almost) and her networking skills teamed with facebook did all her marketing work for next to nothing. DG is unfortunately not enjoying any where near the same level of success (she has almost a thousand page likes in a few months where as DG only has 200ish despite the spamming on here).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Shimmy Alcott, but does DG have a business?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, not currently, but my view is that it is his dearest wish - to be financially rewarded and recognised for his ski journalism (didn't he try to get £20 a post off Admin?)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

didn't he try to get £20 a post off Admin?

did he? Laughing I'd be happy to get 50p a post.....

My new lodger does training for small businesses in how to use social media for marketing - I ought to get her to get me up to speed with Facebook.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, im cheap, I'd do a deal at 1p. My friend is naturally very friendly and "networky"...so she got her followers very quickly.

Facebook is great. As I have a large family its a godsend for organising and sharing information - just instant message them all in a group so we can all chat. Also nice for sharing photos - even if it is just of my dinner Wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Quote:

didn't he try to get £20 a post off Admin?

did he? Laughing I'd be happy to get 50p a post.....

My new lodger does training for small businesses in how to use social media for marketing - I ought to get her to get me up to speed with Facebook.

50 p per post, you should send Admin a invoice for 20 grand!

BTW the links to Ski.hub seem to be broken, when I clicked on them I got taken to a login page on The Facebook.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@davidof, but if you click login (my username and password are already there) it takes you to the page
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
@davidof, but if you click login (my username and password are already there) it takes you to the page

Your username and password? Why is David using your username and password? That seems odd.
snow conditions
@davidof, Laughing I think it's the only username/password combo he hasn't used yet
latest report
Yes, all very odd. I'll have to investigate this.

In the meantime, sticking with the 'mega March snowfalls in Europe' theme ... the SKI.HUB link-vole brings you ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKI.HUB/permalink/1591474791139287/

Alternatively, just as a treat for 'Facebook refuseniks' ...

The village that got eight feet of snow in one day
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11460906/The-village-that-got-eight-feet-of-snow-in-one-day.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy