Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginning of the end 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Our local resort shut its doors today for the season. The snow coverage was some of the best I remember for closing day and we even managed to make it through the dark days of late December and early January. The other resort near where we live closes next weekend. Even the mighty 7 Laux opposite say they'll shut at the end of March or maybe easter Monday (6 April). Seasons are not what they were, although it is lack of skiers that forces the resorts near us to close, not lack of snow.

St Hilaire 8 March 2015

and a bit of a retrospective, it is like la Grave for kids, only better snow wink

22 Feb

Bruno in Le Canyon, 22 Feb

Le Canyon, 17 Feb

Walkers (Crisps?)

Rochers du Midi trail

The toboggan - 25 Jan

Upper Canyon

Murkwood

Fantom Village - 18 Jan

Fantom Village, washing line 18 Jan

Fantom Village

Chemin de Tortue

Fantom village 3 Jan

Pistes 3 Jan

Fantom Village 29 Dec
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La-la-la-laa, I can't hear you NehNeh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@davidof, wow, really interesting photos. What's the story with the abandoned buildings?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, we're only just over half way though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That top photo reminds me of the 'Overlook' hotel in The Shining
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Eeek! When do they normally close? Is this a week early or a month early?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is that an abandoned hotel in the first picture?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whilst the snow looks excellent, given the "feel" of the buildings in those photos, it's not very surprising that there is a lack of skiers...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It does look pretty desolate. What's the deal with all the graffiti? Snow looks good though - the Best Erotic Snowheads Hotel can't be as far off as we thought...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What country is this resort in?.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chick wrote:
What country is this resort in?.

Just near Grenoble. I am a bit surprised how rough it looks, I always wanted to go and visit there as well to complete our list of obscure local resorts.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have been there quite a few times in the summer (there is an excellent via ferrata up to it) and the French national paraponting centre. It is a lovely place for a drink in the sun, but I never even realised that there was a ski resort there or that the phantom village existed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
True though - even though there is often good snow well after Easter, it seems the locals (in France and Switzerland, anyway) won't ski after that, and there aren't enough "foreigners" to justify keeping the lifts open.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used to ski those resorts with my nieces 20 or so yrs ago when they were living just outside Grenoble in Bernin and Montbonnot plus a few in the Chautreusse that are now no longer in business.

Think if I sent those images to my nieces they'd be mortified - that's where they used to do all their ski club stuff!

Think it's so sad to see all the urban graffiti making its way into the mountains, but I suppose that's the price to be so close to a city like Grenoble. That said I was in Kuhtai which is close to Insbruck and there was no urban shite like that !

Though every now and again here in Serre you do get sporadic graffiti from kids from the metropoli - but have not seen any for quite a while now.

Davidof I presume Chamrousse is that bad as well then ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sanman wrote:
True though - even though there is often good snow well after Easter, it seems the locals (in France and Switzerland, anyway) won't ski after that, and there aren't enough "foreigners" to justify keeping the lifts open.

Is it any wonder? The whole post apocalyptic look is hugely off-putting. You'd expect rancid zombies to emerge from the ruins.
snow report
Weathercam wrote:
I used to ski those resorts with my nieces 20 or so yrs ago when they were living just outside Grenoble in Bernin and Montbonnot plus a few in the Chautreusse that are now no longer in business.

Think if I sent those images to my nieces they'd be mortified - that's where they used to do all their ski club stuff!

Think it's so sad to see all the urban graffiti making its way into the mountains, but I suppose that's the price to be so close to a city like Grenoble. That said I was in Kuhtai which is close to Insbruck and there was no urban shite like that !

Though every now and again here in Serre you do get sporadic graffiti from kids from the metropoli - but have not seen any for quite a while now.

Davidof I presume Chamrousse is that bad as well then ?

There is nothing like that in Chamrousse, Sept Laux, the Vercor resorts etc. I would imagine it is just a handful of 'artists' who managed all that by the way. They can cover a huge area in a short time!
ski holidays
Need to get Banksy up there to add some metropolitan chic Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy