Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back after a trip over Christmas. About 50cm had fallen the week before but coverage was still patchy. The main runs in the bowl above the village were all good for the first couple of days but as things began to get busier, the piste bashers were relying on the off-piste piles of snow to replenish the groomed slopes. Snow cannons were only being used to try and get Piste 3 open (black down to the village) in time for this week. Otherwise, the local instructors were saying that the reservoir usually used for the cannons was very low due to a dry summer, hence their sparing use. Local folk didn't think that there would be any more snow until about the 2nd week in Jan, although they desperately need it. Temps falling drastically on the last day there, with a vicious wind. It felt like I might as well not have had a jacket on, despite 3 thermal layers underneath! Slopes were hard and beginning to show significant patches of ice, particularly from the top of Chaz Dura.
No problem to get to La Rosiere each day and the slopes on that side of the mountains were in much better condition and much nicer to ski, even though still windy in places, particularly down to the Petit San Barnardo pass.
Having said all that, we had a great time apart from approaching hypothermia on the last day snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
samharris, glad to hear that you had a good time, I went to La Thuile in April this year and thought it a great resort. However, remebering the combination of a bitingly cold wind and the sloooow chairs at La Ros still makes me shudder.

Let's hope that more snow materialises sooner than they are expecting,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, forgot to mention the sllloooowww chairs!! However, they do have a new padded 4 seater up to Belvedere. Managed to offset the effects of the cold in a very sweet bar in the village called La Bricolette, which had fab champagne cocktails (well, it was Christmas.....).
Just realised that I need to change my sig Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
samharris, we went to la Thuile last weds, it was freezing, much colder then La Rosiere, pistes were in need if some fresh snow, very icy and a miserable North wind blowing right through the Col. When we got to La Rascard it looked as if it's changed hands, didn't recognise any of the staff and the portions were miniscule.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

When we got to La Rascard it looked as if it's changed hands, didn't recognise any of the staff and the portions were miniscule.

Shocked Shocked Update needed on this David. Send out the scout robots or anything that you have available. This could be truly tragic news.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, you're right, especially as we'd skied past Lo Reindet where my wife wanted to stop, unfortunately I don't think anyone will be going over to La Thuile until conditions improve.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

unfortunately I don't think anyone will be going over to La Thuile until conditions improve.

Perhaps today then Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
40cms in Bourg last night, I'd be surprised if they hadn't had similar falls all over the Tarentaise at least. I'm just off to check it out... have to do my snowHeads duty and report back of course, the sacrifices we have to make eh? Madeye-Smiley Little Angel
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, next winter do you fancy a house swap - from December to about May ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Plus free use of a Sunderland season ticket (could be the clincher Paul)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG wrote:
40cms in Bourg last night, I'd be surprised if they hadn't had similar falls all over the Tarentaise at least. I'm just off to check it out... have to do my snowHeads duty and report back of course, the sacrifices we have to make eh? Madeye-Smiley Little Angel

And when did we leave Tignes? yesterday!! what a bummer Mad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David@traxvax, Any further news on the fayre in La Rascard
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy