Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to buy some ski goggles for forthcoming ski trip, for sunny day use.

Found some cheap spherical goggles online;http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frameless-medium-large-Goggles-Fusion-54087/dp/B009M38HBU/ref=sr_1_4?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1425768526&sr=1-4&keywords=dirty+dog+ski+goggles&tag=amz07b-21

Anyone bought/have experience with "Dirty Dog frameless" goggles or are there better alternatives for that price range?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My OH had a pair last season and they were fine.

Cheap, cheerful and reasonably effective although they do tend to fog if you over-exert on a warm day...
They do seem to scratch fairly easily, but I've found that to be the case for every pair of ski goggles I've over owned - I see goggles as more or less disposable anyway. I suspect that you won't find significantly better for £25
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One of our lads had some of them and because the frame is thin and quite close to the face they were forever steaming up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjb1 wrote:
I see goggles as more or less disposable anyway

Cheaper lenses do scratch more easily than expensive lenses, which are made from polycarbonate (a tougher material). I've used my Oakley lenses for over 35 weeks of skiing and there's only 1 tiny scratch on one of the lenses. I definitely don't see them as disposable.

gad wrote:
One of our lads had some of them and because the frame is thin and quite close to the face they were forever steaming up.

Judging by the pics on Amazon, there is no frame at all, just a lens with foam attached to the rim, plus strap attachments. What happens if you crash and the lens splinters – there's no frame to potentially stop the plastic shards from cutting you. Personally, no matter how small my budget, I'd want goggles with a frame.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy