Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quechua-well worth a look.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pronounced kesh-u-ah,this is the house brand at Decathlon.Bought a pair of junior ski's(MRZ100)for youngest daughter,c/w Rossignol bindings,£68.Came recommended as a good ski,and this seems to be the case.Nice sidecut for small turns,very colourful graphics and a solid overall feel.Livvy took to them straight away,and skied well at Tamworth on Boxing Day(didn't even bother to de-tune the tips & tails-never do?)

Took the opportunity to have a good look at the Decathlon range,esp Quechua.Obviously aimed at the budget concious buyer,who's possibly more interested in the item than the name tag wink Some of their top end clothing looks very well featured,and at sensible prices.Apparently,some have their snowboards have a bit of a following,along with a couple of the ski's.
One caught my eye,the 800 Bk-Cy.Sold as a freeride ski,with enough sidecut to handle the piste,and twin tips Toofy Grin It would seem that this ski has been very popular as its sold out in the UK Sad In my quest for an all round ski,I would have liked to have tried it.If any of you good people spot any in a French Decathlon,please let me know Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like the name Very Happy We've got a lot of clothing from the Quecha store near St Gervais, I'm wearing a teeshirt and sweatshirt now and will add a gilet when we ski shortly. Mrs Ise has ski pants and a jacket as well. I know people who have the boards and are pleased with them, and I've seen good writeups for the skis in French mag's.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a look at the St Gervais store last week, lots of very good priced clothing available, didn't look at the prices for ski's though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Stockport store a few days ago and ski stuff was selling very well.

They were selling some Salomon boots for £50-60 and there were droves of people buying these. Seem to have some good entry level ski packages (can't remember details), though there were some Atomic skis with bindings for about £170.

Decathlon own label stuff seems good value for money. Use their base layer stuff. Though their thin socks with thicker area on shin and underfoot were dearer then an equiv and Slush and Rubble.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like their fleece jumpers....3 for £20.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ise wrote:
I've seen good writeups for the skis in French mag's.

So have I,hence the search for the 800 Bk-Cy's.

Son James had a pair of the Salomon boots a few weeks ago,and is very pleased with them.They suit his wide foot fitting and,at £59,will pay for themselves with this seasons trips Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm rather annoyed, popped into my local decathlon today to spend my christmas money on a new helmet and they've sold out of all the top end ones - only small sizes, women's styles and slalom-style helmets with chinguards left. Grrr.

Still, Mrs NBT has got her helmet so not a wasted trip. I;ll just have to buy one in Les Arcs!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, If you had a chinguard you would never get your jaw broken like I did!

Generally I reckon Decathalon is an excellent shop. I've bought some cheap (€39) ski pants just for walking about in the winter - they'll be fine for summer skiing as well. Not brilliantly made pocket zips, but hey - at that price who cares??? I dead chuffed they have some stores in the UK now, but they do seem to be few and far between at the moment. Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ise, make sure you put on a nice Peruvian accent when you pop in. A quick refresher.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Beware of the lower priced ski trousers, they are waterproof, so much so that the condensation (sweat) on the inside would make a bid for freedom when sitting down and it would squeeze out at the stitching in bubbles Embarassed . Each night I had to turn them inside out and let them drip dry near the heater. My wife was not amused. rolling eyes Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy