Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys: Where for slopeside dining?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to the 3V for the first time in ages tomorrow, and have realised that we have no idea where to eat on the mountain. I have vague memories of trying to find a reasonably priced lunch on the Courchevel side last time we were here, and ending up going home hungry because I wasn't prepared to pay ridiculous money for crap food.

Having said that, we're not students anymore so can afford to spend a bit more...but would still like to try places that are nice without breaking the bank (though we're in La Tania so might look at Le Farcon). We normally like more out of the way places doing nice mountain food...like L'Arollay in Val D'Isere or Refuge Lognan in Chamonix, but happy anywhere that people think is good.

Any places kind snowheads can recommend?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The tartiflette at the Mottaret Pas Du Luc mid station is delish and reasonable. If you want party party the Folie Douce and Rond Point in Meribel are good. Generally mountain huts are pricey though.... Bel Air has a couple of nice places - it really just depends on what you choose off the menu. The Ski Lodge in La Tania is hazy - damn toffee vodka! At the top of the Menuires chair in Les Menuires there is a wonderful little family run restaurant too. Don't forget the Adray just below the Rond point. That's nice.

There's a couple of nice places in St Martin but I'm damned if I can remember the names of them though! Sorry. I also have a memory that the Biollay isn't too bad either.

But I recommend that you don't drink and ski - you might spill some....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are over in Les Menuires try to get to the L'Ours Blanc hotel. It is just off the side of the piste underneath the Doron Chair. Wonderful sunny terrace overlooking La Masse, great food with large portions and very reasonable prices eg 14 euros IIRC for a massive omelette and chips, with large side salad and unlimited bread. Not much more for the biggest Savoyarde salad I have ever seen. The waiters are delightful and it is all overseen by Margaret, the English owner. We have been there every time we have been in the 3V, including last week, and have never been disappointed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=116040
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am an increasing fan of the Pizzeria de Motteret, not slope side, but a good low vis option, not silly prices and good service, not only pizzas. Bel Air in Courchevel if you stick to plat du jour. Went to Adret Telebar for first time this year, which I will add to my list. Grand Lac? at the bottom of the Granges chair is a nice setting and do a good value 3 course set menu. I can't post the link but Fish and Pips have a good restaurant guide with telephone numbers on their website.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Awesome, thanks all - particularly for the link. I'd found some old threads from 2012/13, but nothing more recent (my poor search-fu, I suspect).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Restaurant Bouc blanc above La Tania is well worth a visit, just near the lift of the same name
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Cave des Creux at 1850 is an absolute must.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry also off topic from the weather, which is looking far too warm at the moment, but any recent experience with ski schools in Courchevel please? First time there, got a cheap apartment in 1850 and some of the ski schools seem eye wateringly expensive (par for the course perhaps in 1850).

Thanks!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh and any food recommendations that wouldn't break tje bank in 1850 ... may not exist but hey might as well ask! We have a car so thinking of going over to 1650 and think can get lifts down to 1550 by lift till pretty late in the evening.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy