Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time skier.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am a 22 year old male looking to go on a skiing holiday in the next two month, aiming to go in may at some point. I will be travelling solo and I am wondering where the best place for me to go is. I would like to meet people around my level and around my age.

Cheers,
Lee.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Lee- pretty much everywhere that would be beginner-ish will be closed by May.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andorra is good for beginners and booze is cheap but I'd go as soon as possible as the end of the season is closing in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
May is going to be tricky to find anything for a complete beginner. if I were you I'd be looking to do something ASAP or wait until next season which would give you a bit more time to plan. Andorra is supposedly a good spot to start out, as @Radz has said, Last Plagne also has some nice wide slopes to get started on.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Blue4euro4, Have a word on the EoSB thread.

Those who have been a few times or admin may be able to give you more advice on booking lessons etc. Doubt you will get more socialable than 100 plus skiers on the trip and the price is pretty good.

If that does not suit try Kaprun in May The glacier is great and plenty of non ski activity's in the area as well but you will have to put yourself out there on the social side.

If non of these suit you nor any other recommendations, You could always ask admin if the MYasHBash will be run next year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Action Outdoors have trips to VAL Thorens UCPA in early MAY. Ideal for you if they are running beginner lessons that week. But ring them NOW. That might be your only option. Earlier would be a lot better if you can manage it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies guys.
I had planned to try and go in Feb but something came up and now I'm unable to go any time before May really.
When would be best for me to go for say next season? I'm assuming Jan is the best time?

Cheers,
Lee.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I'm assuming Jan is the best time?

late January is good - generally good snow, and quiet slopes.

But UCPA are excellent, if they have vacancies. You can go next season too!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you really want to go in May try looking at the glacier resorts such as Tignes which are open pretty much year round - not a massive choice of slopes but your first time that won't really matter much. However I firmly suggest that you spend a bit of time on a dry ski slope or a snow dome first to get the most out of your time away - its all much more fun once you've got the basics such as which way round those lethal planks are actually supposed to go!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

open pretty much year round

not necessarily. Tignes isn't open all year round.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
True but its open til mid may and then reopens again in June until the beginning of August.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If I did manage to find time in April what would be my best bet?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As high as possible.

Tignes, Val Thorens, La Plagne, Cervinia, Obergurgl, Saas Fee, Hintertux, Ischgl, Andermatt, Solden, Lech and Zurs should do you for starters, but not all of them are absolultely brilliant for beginners, but bear in mind that ALL resorts will cater for beginners to varying degrees. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy