Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smashed by Out of Control Skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
double post

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 22-04-15 13:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So it's been 6 weeks today since I was told that I could get rid of the sling and 10 weeks after fracturing my humerus so thought I'd provide a quick update for the other snowheads with broken shoulders.

I started physio the day after the consultant told me that I could take the sling off. Initial progress was very good but then after 3 weeks I reached a plateau in terms of range. Went back to the consultant two weeks ago and he confirmed the physio's assessment that I had developed early stage capsulitis. He suggested a treatment called hydrodilatation which sounds horrible but turned out to be very quick and completely pain free. It involved an x-ray guided injection of saline and steroids into the shoulder. I wasn't too keen at first but was assured by the consultant that it was a safe procedure and in fact could be repeated if it didn't work first time.

Well, so far the outcome has been fantastic. I still don't have full movement back but the improvement has been dramatic and I'd say I'm probably 85% off the way to full range (or as close to full range as you can expect after a shoulder break. My physio has suggested that the last few centimetres might either never come back or only with a huge amount of effort. I guess I'll never climb the North Face of the Eiger...).

Still lots of physio to come and trying to be very disciplined about doing the exercises as often as possible but certainly feeling pretty good about the whole thing now. Also found that a few gentle runs and getting on to the exercise bike seemed to help as least in terms of loosening things up a bit. In the meantime I have been torturing myself by reading trip reports and other updates on Snowheads eventhough I vowed not to think about skiing until next season....Good luck to everyone who is still in the recovery phase !!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chamster, my information was that most people give up before they get 100% back. I'm not most people so I refused to accept that and pushed my broken shoulder until it is the same as the unbroken one. My theory is that I'm likely to do more damage so I want everything back in place ready for that.

@jedster, there are some horrible people out there. I suppose their rage makes them less effective too, which is handy. Odd people should be like that though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jesus jedster! What a carry on! You've reminded me of another one! After I was narrowly missed in Val Cenis this winter, I was so shocked that I shouted at the idiot concerned. The result? The culprit's mate staring me out from about 30m away & gesticulating for me to come over & sort it out!!

What the??!!

After a bit of arguing to and fro, "He was too fast and too close" etc, the culprit actually apologised to me and hauled his mate away....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @philwig, out of interest, how long did it take you to get full movement back ? The frustrating thing is that good progress is followed by a period when things don't seem to improve much but I guess that is the nature of recovery.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm sure everyone's different, and I broke only the head of the humerous, so I'm sure it matters precisely what's knackered. I broke it a year last February...

I rode with it about 2 months after breaking it, although the quacks advised against that naturally. I did some private physio late summer, and I have weights on my office desk which I used all last year. I can't quite remember when it was fully yoga-capable, but I think by December at least.

My ongoing issue is a slight audible click if I waggle the joint in a specific way, although that's nothing other that vaguely annoying (it doesn't affect the moving). I'm working on that with weights and other stuff as I suspect I can sort it, although
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jedster, That incident was completely outrageous!! If only you were a Blackbelt aye. Makes me want to carry a tazer on the slopes (you can buy em in France) Twisted Evil
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chamster,
If you have stopped making progress, it may be worth seeing/getting a sports massage I found that really helped me
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy