Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Compleating turns

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys I am a level 7 skier but I am haveing a little trouble cpmpleating my turns onthe dry slope where I ski every Thursday by the end of the Session I tend to find compleating my turns a little hard I can do it when I'm fresh but not so much when I'm a little tired anyadvice on how to keep skiing well when I'm not as fresh as I am at the start would be a huge help (espcally seeing as I have at technical assesgment comeing up)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a bit like a pull up, I can do two but not twenty!
It will be a combination of fitness and technique. There will always be a point when you will be too tired which can be improved by training for strength, resilience, and flexability, however if you are getting tired in a short session I would take a hard look at technique, with an emphasis on posture.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get some high5 energy drink tablets, or equivalent. Sounds like you have the technique, but not the fitness.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonathanemptage, which dryslope do you go to ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jonathanemptage, ummm, how do you mean by compleating the turn. Finishing the course? Or just that mouthful?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonathanemptage wrote:
Hi guys I am a level 7 skier but I am having a little trouble completing my turns

There's something wrong there..... wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for your answers guys @speed098 I ski at Bracknell I'm actually an instructor there but I need to be reassessed. @under a new name I do phase 1&2 but on phase 3 I kind of give up or so my coach says but then my I guess you could say sub coach saw some runs earlier in the day and said I was skiing really well so I don't know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

There's something wrong there.....

Well yeah I've got a condition called MMD which may have something to do with it actually had to relearn how to ski last year which also may have a bearing on it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry to hear that Jonathanemptage, hope your "relearning" is going well.

I tried to learn to ski at Bracknell, and failed miserably as I have a medical problem with my knees and can't snowplough.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shouldn't this thread be in 'bend-ze-knees' or 'ski fitness', or even 'off-piste', as almost anything not related to 'off-piste' usually ends up there Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@allanm thanks I'm back to level 7 now and yeah problems with your knees won't help you could always adapt a wide stance and just turn in the tips as much as you can.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy