Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which country for a BASI level 2 snowboard instructors course and job?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I'm sure there are a few of you out there that might be able to help with this equation?

I've just booked my BASI snowboard instructors course in May this year. This is in preparation for the 2015/16 season where I plan to head out somewhere, do the level 2, cheapest way possible and then hopefully get myself into a job. I understand the difficulties of finding work as a snowboard instructor, but I am passionately determined to do what it takes to fulfill my dream. Also I am 33 years young this year Sad so the chances of getting a visa in places like USA and Canada etc are not really possible unless I pay a fortune for an internship course which I'm not prepared to do.

My question is:

Where is the best country/resort to head out to do my level 2 and then have a good chance of getting a job after in the same place? I want to get some experience, preferably in Europe and then head to New Zealand where I can get a working visa before I'm 25.

I'm hoping somebody will have the best possible options out there.......please.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Austria or Switzerland.

No chance of working in France and only pennies to be made working for Interski or similar in Italy. Although to be honest, you really need to have your level 2 in place and start looking for jobs well in advance. To go out to do a season, do your level 2, then find meaningful, well-paid work afterwards is very unlikely.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I am 33 years young

Quote:

I can get a working visa before I'm 25.

Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. I thought Switzerland and Austria were most likely.

So would i be better off, doing my level 2 as planned. Work a season doing a different job and apply for a snowboard instructor position in New Zealand? I'm not on about forming a career or make money out of this.....It's the experience that I want and cover costs if I can.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That might be the best plan. Good to get any instructor experience you possibly can - shadowing, dryslope, indoors, whatever. You will need to do some teaching hours (70 hours total) between levels 1 and 2 anyway or you won't be allowed to do level 2.

Instructor jobs in NZ are pretty competitive to get into, especially if you only have level 2, so get as much experience as you possibly can. Teaching in Italy for Interski doesn't pay much, but it's really good experience and they do look after you very well. Might be a good way to get some teaching hours immediately after your L2.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for this, great help.

I have already inquired with hemel snow centre about the 35 snow school hours that are needed and they are willing to accommodate me on achieving this so hoping I can carry on and get the 70 hrs in any capacity I can. I will have a look into interski as I've heard somebody mention about it being a good experience.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy