Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vars - parking and other info?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are taking 3 granddaughters and one daughter (their aunt) to Vars for the first week of the Easter holidays, four of us driving all the way, and two flying to Marseille, then getting a hire car. We are staying at Hameau de Rennes apartments where there is indoor parking - but my Allroad with roofbox will be too tall! Does anyone know about other parking in Vars? Happy to leave the car outdoors. Also, we will need to stock up on food - is there decent shopping in Vars or do we need to stop en-route? (won't have too much space in the car, as we will have people and gear for six, as the flying pair are hand luggage only!)

And finally - anyone have any other hints or tips about Vars?

Robin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to have a flat in Risoul. We found stocking up in Embrun or Gap en route was best - although Guillestre is ok, but limited. there are a couple of shops in Vars, however you may find a trip back down to the shops if you have limited space in the car Sad

Parking will be fine - there should be plenty of space, I think.

Hints or tips: The two Olympique runs to Vars Les claux are a great thigh burn and nearby is the forest run (vallon) - really nice in good snow.
Also - over into the bowl down to Clos Chardon is a complete sun trap and loads of space for fresh tracks when it snows.

Don't ignore Risoul side across to Homme de Pierre - loads to explore.

Enjoy!! ('Mr. Green' - jealous!)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or take the roof box off when it's empty......
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@RobinS, do what @c44rver says. Head to Homme de Pierre - great runs down there. Empty, too. Mainly because of the drag lift from Heck to get to them (speaks the man who fell off!). Daughter and wife still remind me of it. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy