Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The first televised extreme ski event no fat skis to be seen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This really is top stuff well worth a watch.

http://www.tetongravity.com/video/ski/you-wont-believe-what-the-first-televised-extreme-skiing-contest-looked-lik
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
32.30 mins is grim Shocked

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 2-03-15 18:41; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

http://youtube.com/v/Ue9UODeAD3Q

Fantastic skiers. Coombs, what a hero!

The footage at 6.30 is of Vallencant accompanied by Jean Marc Boivin, Anselm Baud and Michel Poencet (I've skied a bit with Michel, a man of few words it must be said). There is an account by Vallencant of the ascent they show, the South-West Face of Huascaran South here:

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Bio/Patrick-Vallencant

At 6750 meters and a first descent in sketchy snow having been climbed on foot in a minimalist high speed expedition it is not really comparable with the skiing of a competition. Vallencant was also filming with a large 16 mm camera. When you think that Vallencant and Baud's Arête de Peuterey descent has only been repeated once, afaiks, on modern gear they certainly had top technique.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 2-03-15 18:42; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
did you mean 32.30 -- thats seriously grim.......
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davidof, just out of interest and you are probably the best person to ask how many of the competitors are still alive today from this program?.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, yes around about there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
meandrew wrote:
@davidof, just out of interest and you are probably the best person to ask how many of the competitors are still alive today from this program?.

Edging skills or hospital bills dude!

I'm wondering the same myself. I note Emily Gladstone Coombs shredding the gnar in the video. Jim Conway is still guiding. Kristen Ulmer is now a MILF and doing Zen Ski camps. Jimmy Zell was paralyzed in 1996 in a paragliding accident and died in 2010. Jon Hunt, the winter in '92 is guiding in Alaska. Scott Kennett, the "rock star" skier is still ripping it

Scott Kennett from Peak Media
https://vimeo.com/56118094
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidof, wow what a cool guy and that dog!!!!!!! amazing skier.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oh yeah youre right about Kristen wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow! What a fall! Some seriously gnarly skiing going on in that vid.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can ski with Wendy Brookbank in Whistler - she's an Extremely Canadian guide.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy