Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers Grenoble to La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies first, if this has been (or should be) posted elsewhere... Have done the searches but no results as yet.
I'm trying to find a shared transfer from Grenoble to La Tania on the 14th March. Geneva flights from Liverpool seem silly money compared to Grenoble, and distance is further from Geneva to resort. Other option is Chambery. No shared transfers from there either.
Suggestions anyone?
Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bensbus.co.uk will get you as far as Moutier
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. We know bout Bens.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chambery and jump on a train to Moutiers and then the local bus?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's a possibility yes. Will check it out. I'd appreciate feedback on a night train too. Am travelling with a child and need to be in resort the Saturday. Seems more expensive than flying. Does that sound right?
Feeling more adventurous than last year but there will only be me to cart all the kit!
You Snowheads are experienced in all of this! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@alyefs, How old? The night trains are basic but would be an adventure for, say, someone 7 or 8 up. If you get a couchette - compartment with 6 bunk beds it is fine - obviously you will be sharing. I used to do this a lot when I was in London. I used to buy my tickets independently, Eurostar from eurostar.com and the Corail train via raileurope.co.uk - if you do it all on the latter site it tended to give higher prices. You could be even braver and do it on SNCF.fr! Getting across Paris is easy by Metro - allow at least an hour to do it - probably more and eat somewhere near Austerlitz but may involve junior carrying something - if not possible then a taxi.

As for price - it depends when you book - the 'Prems' go quite quickly as does flying. But the transfer costs from Moutiers up to La Tania will be a lot less than from an airport (I would be tempted to get a cab - its not that far) . If the Friday trains are expensive - are you able to do Thursday and get a hotel in Moutiers overnight?

Other options are the direct Eurostar on Friday night - but can be expensive and full of, to use an old term, yuppies on the pi$$. Or you can Eurostar to Paris and TGV from Gare de Lyon (in Paris) to Moutiers by day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could try these guys:

http://www.skimagic-transfers.com/

Have never used them for a transfer, but have stayed with the chalet wing of the business twice, and would cheerfully do so again.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi guys....managed to get all completely sorted. Thanks for all the advice. After trying a number of companies, some helpful and some unhelpful, and some listed above......we've ended up going with First Class Snow Cats. To and from Geneva/La Tania..€110 return per person. Best price around and 4 runs per day. They even flexed up the collection from Geneva for us by half an hour. Ruth, who organised it all was lovely. Very friendly by phone, email and twitter too.

Thanks for all the advice Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway, I love the idea of getting a train from Chambery to Moutiers. Do you know how far the train station is from the airport? Thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's just over an hour away. Bizarrely I've ended doing some marketing for ski firms since we travelled out in March. Totally unexpected! There's a few who do transfers from Moutiers @karen_globalhelpswap,
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@alyefs, Ha that's brilliant! Thanks for the info
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy