Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of booking a trip to Serre Che from 4th April. Been to this resort before but in Feb half term 2 years ago. Looking for info on how well it holds its snow and how the area is likely to be at Easter. Anyone else going out there at this time or was anyone there last year at Easter and how were conditions then?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@alangibson73, If you look at the Serre Cevalier thread in weather conditions, I have asked Minion1980, who will be returning on the 28th March to give a report on conditions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@alangibson73, we were there the corresponding week last year. It seemed to hold the snow very well, we had some days where it was very sunny and warm - warm enough to walk around in shorts and t-shirt at the end of the day. Yet surprisingly there was very little sugary slush. It was pretty quiet too which meant very few moguls towards the end of the day. We had a great time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@alangibson73, we are regular visitors to Serre Che, and have skied there many times in April. We have never been unable to ski back to our apartment in Monetier then, and snow was good above 2000m, and fine until you reached about 1700. Slushy below, but still perfectly skiable. Our very first trip there was an April one, we returned the following half-term, and snow was better on the Easter trip.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Take a look at this and then clock the date at the end of the vid Cool

All the Young Dudes - Spring Skiing Serre Chevalier, one of the best mornings ever! from Weathercam
https://vimeo.com/63748239
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Best conditions I've had was in plagne same week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are looking at going out the same week, but are oscillating between VT and Serre C.

I know both are snow-sure, but to my mind VT is likely to hold better conditions. Any thoughts/guidance?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@t40ora, you would think that, but I have actually found the opposite applied, leaving VT to ski the last few days of the season in Serre Chevalier and finding better snow there, although I suspect the opposite will also apply more often than not.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @Hells Bells. We are delaying booking for a week or two, to look for deals and see if there is a trend for the weather.

SC still up on the list then!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@t40ora, and there won't be so many people in Serre Chevalier.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That is a big bonus.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy