Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long T-bar from Zermatt to Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How long does the t bar from Zermatt to Cervinia take once you are on the lift?
We had a lovely morning in Zermatt yesterday but took nearly an hour to get back queuing for the big cattle truck.(Trockner Steg)
Would like to go back over tomorrow (weather permitting) but found the big lift a real pain.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, it's not the shortest tow for sure (in fact it's two , one after the other) but the queue is usually short or non existent and at least you are on the move the whole time rather than standing for an hour... Unless the weather it really foul it would be my preferred option to be honest.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I prefer it to the scrum of the cable car. And you get to look at some pretty spectacular views on the way. Hardly ever a queue, and if returning to Cervinia it takes you straight to Plateau Rosa. In my experience its usually much quicker than the cable car queue, the ride, walk through the Klein Matterhorn tunnel, put your skis back on and cruise back to the crossing point
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@TommyJ,

Unless you're a boarder ... I much prefer the cable car but I agree that you need to get your timings right.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It does however seem to take forever - even if it ends up being quicker. Just don't fall off that t-bar
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It takes 30 - 40 min (I think), first one in much longer!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Funny...I'd say about 25-30 mins in total to get to the top. Not that I've timed it. It's a bit of a chore, but bearable. Pluses include-You don't have to carry your skis at the top, and I find I don't get that spaced out breathless feeling using the t-bar, which I do get going up to the top of the cable car and walking out of the tunnel. I prefer the T-bar if all I want to do is get over to Cervinia.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I also don't remember t-bars being that long, maybe because there is no waiting involved. Maybe 30 min.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So long as it's not too cold I'd go for t bar over cable car any day!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep - deffo need to take temp into account - on biting cold day windchill can be huge in that exposed area and I remember my gang and I getting very cold on it even though (obviously) we were dressed for mountainous weather.

On a nice bluebird day no prob........
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have never timed it, but I can't believe it takes 30 minutes. It feels like a long time (and of course it is two lifts - although it is the first one that is really long) but 30 minutes is a very, very long time!

Personally I like skiing off Klein Matterhorn. Although it is not the most exciting piste the setting is great. Generally I would have a quick look at the queues for the cable car. It is short (and it is sometimes despite what you sometimes get told) then I get on it. If it is long I get the drag lift.

The one thing I would say is that unless it is a really sunny day with the sun already up over the ridge, I would make sure you either put a face mask on or pull s snood up over your face before you get on the lift - your face can get seriously cold going up there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dodgy knees, about 20 mins but if it's cold it does feel longer! Even so it's still by far the best way to return to La Dolce Vita
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I agree with @red 27, more like 20 minutes. Agree scenery is nice, but if it's cold and windy, it would be cold on there. It was cold and sunny when I did it, and fingers and toes got a wee bit cold...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy