Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Just on the point of Cret Beni.....am I missing something? I went there one day last week to escape the crowds up here. It's a very scenic little area. And I thought how perfect it would be for beginners/early intermediates and the nervous types, really ideal with lovely quiet and safe progression.

And also I know it's a good base for touring but that's not me.

But for anyone else? Did I miss something? It was ok for a potter but everything is really short. The red back down is challenging but that's it. Everything above the mid station is really short. I didn't go off piste as on my own and don't know that area.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sarah, Yes the red back to base is steep and good fun but most of the rest just a really relaxed area. The scenic nature and the fact it is quiet is nice though and means you can really motor on without too much danger of being accused of being “Dick of the day”.

There is one bit that is a bit steeper and last time we were there had some gates on it. From memory head skiers left coming off the top chair and then down to the right eventually leading to a drag lift. (Warning: this might be wrong). That was really good fun.

Just nice to find somewhere different.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree the new Chatel link doesn't really feature in the every resort itinerary, I think it was more mentioned in relation to the 'classic' circuit. Let us know how you get on, I'll be trying it in a few weeks as long as the weather and snow plays ball!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WindOfChange wrote:
Also - Chery Nord should be mandatory.

I'm not sure I'm following the reason why it shoudl be mandatory? Surely if you ski the Chavannes area and end up skiing down to the foot of the Chavannes lift then surely that is visiting Les Gets. I can't see any mention of a Mont Chery only ski pass on the Les Gets website. If there isn't one then I do not think it has to be included.

Still working on the route I plan to take, just need to check lift times now, other things took over at the weekend!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chrisjackson184, there definitely is a Mt Chery only ski pass - friends bought it early January for a day and my son bought it on 30th January when he arrived for a weekend. I knew that he and I only had two or three hours to ski that day so we just headed to Mt Chery - and it was 18 euros I think.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fair enough, I can't find it but I'll believe you! Adds a bit more challenge.

Anyone know how easy is it to get across from Chavannes to Mt Chery? I've not been over that side before.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chrisjackson184, its a short walk across the village, probably 5 minutes. Or you take the Petit Train or the A or B bus - not the C bus as that goes up the Chavannes road as far as the Follietts lift before turning round.

You are just thinking of taking in Mt Chery on your tour around the PdS aren't you? and doing that as it has a separate lift pass - but it will be covered by your PdS pass.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DJL, agree it was nice to find somewhere new and quiet and it's very pretty.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Pamski,

That was the plan, I'd hoped to be able to avoid it to save time, but as it has it's own pass it should be on the itinerary based on our previous definitions.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Posting this in all three places I could think of

Anyone fancy a Snowheads meet up. I’ll bring the other five on our lads’ trip (non-Snowheads).

We have outline plans as follows for the week (which are however bound to change!):

Monday somewhere a bit off the main drag either Abondance, La Chapelle or Bernex
Tuesday and Thursday heading round the circuit so anywhere Swiss side or Avoriaz/Chatel (we managed to bag the 2 4 1 PDS tickets so might as well use them)
Wednesday thinking of St Jean d’Aulps.

Anyone fancy it drop me a line
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You guys done Col du Cou then? I did it mountain biking last year and really amazing scenery (and somewhat sketchy descents in the wet). Thought that it could be fun to ski. Not so sure on a route though. I'm assuming fair bit of hiking involved (was even with bikes), and walk / bus at the end wherever you pop out.

Only done resort skiing round Avoriaz, Chatel and Morzine, but biking opened my eyes to the expanse of the PdS. Lift access in the summer covered a large area, although it's easier to link places on a bike when there's some climbing involved in parts.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Avoid it Mont Chery is a total waste of time*

*lies but I don't want your tourist types busying it up
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When you guys thinking of this meet? Its a couple of weeks until I'm out there
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chrisjackson184, we've just arrived. Some time this week would work if anyone fancied it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Got a park + pipe lesson Sat from 9:30 - 11:30, but Sat PM is good.
latest report
@WindOfChange, we fly home Sat pm so can only ski close to home on Sat and probably only until around 15.00.
latest report
Some timings here that might be helpful. Based on todays trip from Chatel to Chery Nord and back.

0910 on lift at Pre La Joux
1015 Morzine tourist office
1100 Les Gets centre
1145 Chery Nord arrive
Coffee stop
1215 Chery Nord depart
1300 boarding Chavannes Express

After that we just skied around a bit (Troncs, Nyon) then had a fairly leisurely lunch at Cornette near the Nyon lift (very good and good value) headed back through Morzine.

Morzine tourist office 15.15
Top of Rochassons (effectively home) 16.00

Then a couple of runs at PLJ.

All the above at a fairly leisurely but consistent pace (but we knew the route) and included a few extra runs.

I'd be mighty impressed if anyone manged village base in all the resorts in a day without a preplaced car.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy