Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz Questions- Update

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wife and I are there Saturday- Tuesday, 28th-3rd. This is on a recommendation based on wife's ability from an instructor we had in January at meribel. I'm a 'good beginner', but wifey is a nervous almost total beginner with about 9 hours one to one. She can go, turn and stop on gentle slopes. We plan to get a local ski lift pass. She's getting 90 mins one to one Sunday pm.

Questions:

1. What are THE simplest, flattest slopes there that we can go round and round on to build her confidence.?
2. Is there a Procleu green, as well as the blue? Is it appropriate for a real beginner?
3. If we get turfed out at 10am Tuesday (Saskia), will they or someone keep our bags so we can do an hour's skiing? Lockers in the village?
4. Nice quiet resturant for a romantic meal. (Soppy git!)

And any other info will be most welcome. Thanks all.

Charlie

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 4-03-15 16:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

I've been to Avoriaz a couple of times. There is a green that runs along the Proclou Blue, very flat and easy, sometimes too flat! The blue is easy as well, and on from there the Super Morzine slopes are nice and easy - Tetras, Serassiux (sp?) Zore is good but can have an icy bit at the bottom.

We had a wonderful meal at Les Fountaines Blanches halfway up the main street, very busy so probable best to book.

It's a great place for skiers of any level - you'll have a wonderful time Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that Pepper. Wife is desparate to 'do a run', rather than just instruction, so that's the aim.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My vote would be for the runs around Super Morzine. Tetras especially is a nice run - it's where I 'learnt' on my last day after a full week of lessons many years ago. Tends to be quiet in the mornings, as most people either head up from Super Morzine and over to the top of Avoriaz or use it to head down to Morzine.

Also, the restaurant at the bottom of that slope, just before the Super Morzine bubble (I think its called Les Trappeurs) is affectionately nicknamed by my ski gang as 'The best burger in the world', based on about 6 years of going there...

Linderets bowl is good, but more one for later in the holiday when you are a bit more confident. Some of the slopes that drop down into the bowl can get a bit busy and chopped up, bit then the actual slopes in the bowl are good for progressing skiers in my opinion.

Good luck - you'll enjoy it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree 100% with pepper67 and Shawsy, the runs across to the top of the Super Morzine will be perfect for both of you. The only scary bit will be on the way back getting from the top of the Proclou chair down in to Avoriaz - just try and avoid it in the lunch/late afternoon rush when it can get busy and the crowds can be intimidating.

Picking up on the restaurants at the end of Tetras/Zore there's 2. One's literally opposite the entry to the S-M gondola and known to us as the cat-and-dog/home to the best vin chaud. The other is just before the end of the Tertas run/S-M gondola and I think that's the one for food.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thought I'd follow up the advice I had with a quick report...

We had a great time- 2 days of poor weather, but we still di 5 hours a day each day. We also had a 90 min thrash around before pickup in glorious sun on the last morning. Wife skied more on her own (as in, no instructor) in the weekend than she did in a week in Meribel. It was an excellent choice of resort for that alone. We thrashed the Proclou, Tetras and Sarussaix runs, including the steep bit home at the top of the Proclou lift. Wife is now chairlift qualified too- only ever been on a bubble or CC before the weekend. We bought beginners' passes, so didn't go very far afield, but I knew that wasn't going to be the plan.

Accom (1 bed appartment in the Malinka block) was as we expected- basic but spottless and recently redecorated. Pefect for 2, even for a week, but not for 4 adults in my book. Clearly a family orientated place, but great for our purposes all the same.

Thanks again for the advice.

CG
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like you both had a good time Very Happy I agree re apartment sizes, we only just fitted the two of us in one for 5!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy