Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Most fun chalets in Austria? 1,2,3... recommend!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys

Does anyone have any recommendations for fun chalets in Austria?

Me and my boyfriend are heading off out there in a couple of weeks time and, as much as we like talking to each other, we're trying to find somewhere that will (hopefully) be full of some more 20/30 somethings to spend the week with. Does anyone know of any good chalets/hotels that have a reputation for being quite lively?

Our only stipulation is that the resort has snow!

Cheers Dudes,

Sophie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sophieannalie, there aren't that many catered chalets (if that's what you mean) in Austria but there are some in St Anton which could be a good bet and maybe a bit less family oriented. There are loads of catered chalets in France but if you wanted to be fairly sure of lots of other young folks around you could always try the UCPA centres, some of which have double rooms as well as dorms. See Action Outdoors. Very good value, too, and all inclusive. One youngish (but over 30....) member of my family went to an Inghams chalet in St Anton twice this season and found it excellent, great value, fun staff. No snow at Christmas (it was rubbish in many places this year), and all the other guests had cancelled! He went back on a "lads' trip" and had a great time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sophieannalie, One that came up for someone looking for a deal for Austria yesterday was Chalet Mounty at Soll which has decent reviews on Tripadvisor too. See here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117590&start=40

Soll is certainly a fun resort with plenty of good nightlife for a week with people of all ages - when I went there we found people from late teens all the way up having fun.
With the forecast snow hopefully arriving next week - snow conditions should be pretty decent for some time. Weather permitting.

I know there are chalets in the fun resorts of Ischgl, Saalbach-Hinterglemm and Mayrhofen that could be worth searching for.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To correct @pam w's rather inaccurate generalisation, and clarify - there are not many British-style or British-run Chalet Hotels in Austria compared with France because there are plenty run by locals all over the place. I know of at least 5 British-owned ones though in the Sport Amadé region alone that are run by Brits and a couple of hotels as well. Our own flangesax's place being one of them and great fun. These people live there all the year round and as their places are their main sources of income, they put a lot of heart and soul into making their places a success as well as fun.

The Tour Operator run ones, such as offered in some of the more well-known Austrian resorts are maybe a wee bit more of a risk because you may not always get experienced staff, including cooks! One hotel run along those lines (the owners's daughter is a former Chalet Hotel manager for Crystal) that I know of relies on 100% British clientèle, measures out the food with a precision that pharmaceutical firms would envy and most of it comes out of tins. It's the only place where I left the table and wanted to get a pizza or something to fill the hunger! Needless to say, I only stayed there once because there was nothing else available in my price range the week I wanted.

Mayrhofen is a buzzing resort with lots of small family hotels and excellent VFM.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try the Rosanna in St Anton - it's adult-only and I've heard it's always a brilliant laugh.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Samerberg Sue, I think the <british> is somewhat assumed around these parts when discussing chalets, don't you?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You're always going to get a cross-section in a catered chalet, depending on who has booked. Most who choose this type of accommodation tend to be the more sociable types. In recent years my ski buddy & I have often been able to hook up with other guests and/or staff for skiing, apres and nights out.

I don't think any operator dictates what age group can book, in the style of a Club 18-30 beach holiday, so it is pot luck, but some resorts do tend to attract a younger crowd...Andorra, Val d'Isere, St Anton, Mayrhofen, Soll maybe?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
when i was in my 20s and just married and skint the chalet hol was a way to go when iwas in my late 30s with kids chalet hols meant we could go skiing as the family grew the chalet was there , thank the lord the family are now on their own and we can just about manage a decent hotel never again would i want to share a chalet with anyone other than family snowheads excepted of course
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are some Dutch catered chalet websites with properties in Austria as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy