Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Westendorf to Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am skiing in Westendorf from 14th March. We would really like to try the Strief in Kitzbuhel - but will have 3 kids in ski school. Is it possible to leave westendorf at 10am, ski to Kitzbuhel, Ski the Strief and ski back to westendorf by 3pm?
Or are we better driving over to Kitzbuhel and skiing there for a few hours?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Top of Streif is some 8 lifts (might be 1,2 more or less) away from Westendorf, and it takes less lifts to get back. I have no idea how you are skiing, but for me personally, question would be if I could get to bottom of Streif and back before 12:00 not before 15:00, if I would start at 10am Smile So I think you could easily make it in 5 hours to Kitzbuehel and back.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great - Thanks, decision made then
Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are short of time take the bus from the bottom of Kiwest to the Fleckalmbahn rather than Pengelstein (a few stops further on the same bus) That takes you much closer to the Streif. If you run out of time there are skibuses back and the train is free in ski gear. there are buses back from Hahnenkamm station to Westendorf (about 40mins) if you want to stay longer in Kitz. timetables here http://www.skiwelt.at/en/skiwelt-skibusfahrplaene.html from my reading you could bus back at 1405 and be back about 1445.

that said i think you can ski it without too much rush. Shortest route I think is lifts 110, 117, 119 in Westendorf then bus to D5/D3 (Penglestein) D1, C4 and ski to Streif from there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After C4 you'll also want to use the Märchenwald magic carpet, A6, if you want to begin at the Starthaus and ski the Mausefalle. You should have enough time - it takes less than two minutes to ski the Streif (maybe a little longer with moguls Laughing ).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

- it takes less than two minutes to ski the Streif

I wish, Oh how I wish!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Col the Yeti, Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy