Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free ski pass for the over 75's

Poster: A snowHead
Although I am still a youngster and only qualify for a Senior Lift Pass discount at many resorts, my buddy Lechjohn has turned 75 and is still keen to ski more after enjoying the PreBBWUW3 and S11BB. As skiing is a financial strain for us older folk who find we need to ski many weeks each year he is looking for resorts where the lift pass is free for the elderly. I did a quick interweb trawl & came up with the following but can't vouch for their validity.

Free for the over 75s
3 VALLEYS
Andorra GRANVALIRA (over 70)
GRAND MASSIF Area – Samoens/Sixt, Morillon & Les Carroz
PORTES DU SOLEIL Area – Les Gets, Morzine ??
Flaine
Serre-Chevalier
Sierra Nevada (Over 70)
Tignes
Val Cenis (over 74)

Almost Free
ARLBERG €105 for season for over 75s
PARADISKI area for over 72 €10.00 for 1-15 days or €30.00 for the season
Baqueira Beret, Spain over 70 €31 season

CHEAP
skitow wrote:
Alpe d'Huez is 75euros for 6days from your 72nd birthday

It's a shame none of these areas is reachable using our bus pass or by John's boat. Maybe we can blag a bed in a old folks home in Lech.
If anyone can correct or add to the list I would be grateful.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 25-02-15 17:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Season pass in Lech for elderly lechers costs €105 according to this article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/features/10690227/Resorts-where-OAPs-ski-for-free.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Season pass in Lech for elderly lechers ....

Did you miss out the "t" there pam?....... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
goodness me, what a suggestion, @Alastair Pink!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Free for over 75s in Chatel and I think there is a substantial discount on the Portes du Soleil full area pass. Only 21 seasons to go for me!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We met up with some family friends in Châtel who are (I think) 80 and 82. I hope they are getting their money's worth!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

As skiing is a financial strain for us older folk who find we need to ski many weeks each year

Oh cry me a river, "financial strain for us older folk who find we need[//b] to ski [b]many weeks each year" rolling eyes Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Morzine website just says Senior from 65 years, it doesn't mention free from 75 - my 75 year old mum paid for hers at Christmas. Admittedly it was only as a pedestrian in the Ardent gondola when she came up and met us for lunch, though!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Free for over 75s in 3vs. Father in law has skied there free for the last 3 years. He has to pay for the carte neige though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alpe d'Huez is 75euros for 6days from your 72nd birthday, as against 199 if you 5-12/65-71 or 248 if you are 12-64. I think over 72 pedestrian pass is free, snow blades in your rucksack ? Madeye-Smiley probably not worth the shame for 75 euros Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
karin wrote:
Morzine website just says Senior from 65 years, it doesn't mention free from 75 - my 75 year old mum paid for hers at Christmas.

I'm not sure about this, several 3rd party sources say the PDS is free for the over 75's.
The Chatel site says "• Free for skiers over 75 yrs old (Châtel ski pass, printed only on reusable card charged €3)."
I can't find it on the Morzine webpage...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My brother’s godfather-in–law (does that exist? anyway his wife’s godfather) skied with us on the lads' trip two years ago. He was 75 and got a free Chatel pass for the days we skied just the Chatel side (he borrowed a hands free card from me). When we had a day round the PDS circuit he paid a small charge (as I recall about half the normal rate).

So I am certain a PDS pass is not free but a Chatel one is. Can’t help with Morzine – I think each village has autonomy on what they charge for their own area passes but the full PDS pass has common rules. You probably have to dig into the T&Cs for lift pass issue rather than just the extract on the webpage. You can usually find it on line somewhere.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kat.ryb wrote:
Oh cry me a river, "financial strain for us older folk who find we need to ski many weeks each year" rolling eyes Very Happy

Yes it's tough as we don't have the luxury of work we have to nothing better to do & survive on a fixed income.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just a bit of thread drift to discounts for the 65's and over. In Tignes its 20%.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Lechbob, wink wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I got a very decent discount on the Paradiski pass this year as an over-65. I think you get a free (or very cheap) one at 72. My friend who lives out there was certainly presented with a new pass of some sort at midnight on her 72nd. We spent the day skiing the pants off the place!

snowHead
snow conditions
Free in Sainte Foy at 74.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy