Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term hysteria overhyped?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have to admit I also thought the queues in Meribel were better this year than previous half terms. It's hard to compare like with like though as this year I didn't do any group lessons so went up the lifts before the lessons started and did my best to avoid the peak times. The worst time down in La Chaudanne seemed to be around 11.30 when one set of lessons had ended and the new ones were starting off. Queues around then could be 20-30 minutes and the best thing seemed to be to grab a leisurely coffee and wait for them to disappear when people started lunch.

The number of people on the slopes was a bit of a problem though. At the pinch points coming down there was often ice on the steeper bits (yes, real transparent ice not hardpack) as so many people had scraped the top layer of snow off. Not a problem for me but some of the others in our group didn't like the ski back at all.

Still, I actually had my best ski week ever, despite it being half term, so I'd agree. Not too bad at all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy