Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Towards L2 - inconsistency, frustration and a lack of balls

Poster: A snowHead
@rjs, I used to complain of second day skiing. I gues it's the same, just different timing Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I also went through a period in my second season (skiing 5 days of 7, very varied in every dimension) when I was convinced I couldn't turn right as well as. I turned left. No one else could see the problem, including some instructor friends, but I was absolutely convinced it was the case.

I was/am a tolerably competent recreational skier. I skied yesterday in dreadful visibility. You woulldn't have thought I'd spent so much time and money skiing had you watched me... Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, Perhaps some coaching in the off season might improve your skiing from "tolerably competent"? Say... At hemel? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ALQ, given that I live in Geneva and ski most weekends mostly around Chamonix that seems somewhat counter-intuitive, non? snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, is something more than tolerably competent Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob@rar, you are, Sir, too kind snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, but I bet you don't get hemel-style chunky chips within 200 miles of Geneva though Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ALQ, possibly not. But I do sometimes get to ski when I feel like it snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, How's the hand doing?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thecramps, pretty good thanks Very Happy pin out, now on using 3 point stretchers to straighten the fingers. Skiing works OK but definite swelling thereafter. Forks still tricky Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks again everyone.

@thecramps, trying not to let it Confused

@rjs, yes I could ask and yes there is and I should go there more Embarassed I was in the gym a lot before I came out here but with skiing most days I've found it hard to fit in the gym too.

@Ade57, you're right and it's probably not that big. My bad days now could have been good days last year. I will have a look at the book you recommend.

under a new name thanks! yes sometimes I'm the only one who notices/thinks it and yes sometimes I think how can I ski so badly after all this Sad Glad your recovery is going well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, Hope it's not too painful on cold days (or any days for that matter).

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi @sarah. The biggest thing I find affecting performance on any particular day is level of fatigue, and if you've upped your level recently it could be tiring to maintain the new top level all the time, or day after day. So it might be worth skiing hard for shorter, highly focused, blocks of time and be easier on yourself when not 'in the zone'. It's fine to cruise too Smile

@under a new name, good luck with the rehab!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@balernoStu, thanks, yes there's definitely an element of that in it! and you're right short blocks work better at the moment. Maybe the problem, I'm rarely cruising now, always thinking Confused
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@balernoStu, thank you!

@thecramps, the wierdest thing is that almost none of the process, inclusing the injury itself, has actually hurt all that much. Weird.

On a related note, we were in Champoluc a few weeks ago and. I inspected the "crash site". I was pleased to note that my falling ability was not as compromised as previously thought as I seem to have launched from about 3m vertically above impact zone. A few broken hand bones clearly a small price to pay!
ski holidays
Another thing, @sarah, I don't know how much skiing you are now doing but complete rest days can really help. Of the improvements in skiing and other sports I've made it is usually after hard work, fatigue, proper rest and then starting fresh that gains are experienced.
ski holidays
@balernoStu, yes thanks. I think I did get a bit tired at one point and have now been having more rest days than at the start of the season Smile
latest report
@under a new name, shame there is no video, could have been impressive. Glad it doesn't hurt too much though, grim when it does.

Wishing you a speedy fix to perfect. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@thecramps, cheers! (yes, shame no video!!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy