Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel Rant

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Waffle, I used to prefer "Tightpants" but then you nicked our steez. These days I go for "Pole fondler" if I'm in a whimsical mood. Plus I just smile and let it go, safe and secure in the absolute knowledge that I am having more fun than them. Praise be, the One True Edge, Go in peace. Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"I hate snowboarders, they are blind and dangerous"

Unfortunately IME quite a lot of them are and you do have to make allowances for them on the slopes. Plenty of reckless skiers around too. I don't hate boarders myself but I do keep a wider berth for sure.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tangowaggon wrote:
Skiers have equal vision to either side of their direction of travel but a boarder has much less vision to the heel side of their direction, my brother has been hospitalised twice by boarders. Skiers have to allow for boarders that can not look fully where they are going on heel edge turns

I think you will find that most boarders are watchnig exactly where they are going. I find in fact that I get lost and/or fall over if I don't.
What we can't do, while riding the heel edge, is spot anyone approaching from behind, which is exactly the same for skiers. Therefore, unless one is pursuing a straight line directly down the mountain, skiers share the same blind spot as snowboarders. Its the because we don't have eyes in the back of our heads.

Your point is fully valid that a boarder riding the toe edge has an unrivalled view of the descending idiots, ie for 50% of the time, has a vastly superior ability to hinder theprogress of passing skiers, as appropriate.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The fundamental blindness problem is recognised but it might help if they could hear instead of having their ears bunged up with Stone Temple Pilots at full volume.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy