Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere links

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Val d'Isere at the end of March and will be based in Le Laisinant at the bottom of the Laisinant chair. I notice that before it becomes the Blue Piste "L" run into Val d'Isere proper or any links into the rest of the area there is a red section. My wife is a nervous, intermediate skier and I wondered if anyone can advise as to how difficult the red section is otherwise I can see that I will have to "bus" into Val d'Isere every day.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Getting the bus into Val D'Isere proper is very straightforward and would be far the quicker way. From Laisinant and the chair you can either take a blue to Signal and the Fornet area or the red La Route du Col to the bottom of the Datcha chair and the Solaise area. If I recall correctly this isn't too steep or difficult red. From here you could ski Piste am back down towards Laisinant. Where it joins the red Germain Mattis you can take the very flat (and occasionally uphill!) traverse to the nursery slopes in town. You can't get to this traverse directly from Laisinant as it's bit above the lift station. So you can't ski direct to Val DIsere. Hence the bus is a lot quicker and easier if that's where you want to start from.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks for the reply - that has been very helpful! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skidave,
A bit as above but it depends what you call Val D'Isere proper and where you want to go The chair at Le Laisnant will allow you to access the whole of the Fornet area skiing blues. From here you can also get over tothe Solaise area by the up and over chair also via blues.
You can also get to the Solaise area from the top of the Laisnant chair via the red route de col which as above is pretty straight forward.
However from the Solaise area there is no way of getting to the Central Rond point and the Bellevarde area other than by red runs which are often fairly crowded and not that straightforward.
If you need to access the bottom of val disere the bus is as mentioned the easiest option.

One thing to watch when coming back is that the piste L which is the blue run back to Le Laisnant frequently closes because of avalanche danger and you may find yourself having to ski the red or busing back.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What others have said, but don't worry about having to use the bus, it's a good, frequent and free service and often the best way to travel between the various ski areas in Val d'Isere.

I use the traverse sometimes because with a bit of bush-whacking it gives ski-in access to where I stay, which is quite fun but involves a lot of pole-ing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many many thanks this has been extremely helpful. Looking forward now very much to our trip as initially I was wondering if I'd picked a good place to stay (I'm not into the night life very much as I can either ski or apres ski but not both!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I normally stay in Tignes, but you have picked a great area EK for skiing!! and as the others have said the bus is great and fast between the areas in Val. I have used it many a time when running a little short on time to get back to Tignes. I don't remember the Red run being to difficult. the up and down lift is fun if you like that kind of thing! Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy