Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving Roads In The Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Ricklovesthepowder, try to take a trip via Le Gorge du Verdon in France, stunning spot about 1.5 hrs from Saint Tropez.. We've done France to death on the motorbike on various touring holidays. Simply cannot fault it. However a word of caution, we have had all forms of weather near the Alps in September from sun stroke to snow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many years ago (Sept 1999 if memory serves) the wife and I took our Elan to Annecy, Val d'Isere, over the col d'Iseran, Lake Como, Lake Garda, Col Gran San Bernard, Switzerland, Chamonix - home. We had a great time - except:

1. The mountain roads were great in the Elan, but stopping to take pictures was difficult because quite often it seemed that there was a several inch drop-off at the edge of the tarmac that the Elan's low ground-clearance couldn't tolerate.

2. The Italian drivers were pretty poor (though on a recent trip to the Dolomites I found them much better).

3. We hired bikes in Malcesine but got knocked off. ambulances, x-rays, bandages and all that. Despite an E111 they continued to pursue us for money for some while after. Should have sued the old sod that did it. Wife was pregnant at the time, could have been a lot worse.

I'll have to go and dig out some pictures. (of the good bits!)

LR
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy