Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

march trip

Poster: A snowHead
32 intermediate boarder looking for someone to share travel costs and enjoy slopes.beg march would be best but am flexible. Anyone interested. .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@borntoboard, hey fella , I'm looking for a trip in March , I've been boarding a few times not great but can do reds .. Not tried blacks yet would say I'm approaching intermediate I think .. Have you seen anything resort wise yet ?
Col
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm looking to get away last minute early march anywhere with snow, Yorkshire based intermediate skier can handle most to all runs, don't mind a bit of après but primarily there to hit the slopes!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Brooksy69, @Samc12, looks like we all in same boat, not sure about resort. Maybe we could go as group.have been Switzerland few times good piste/off piste, can be bit expensive unless get package deal. Not too fused as long as theres bit of life and good snow..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With out sounding selfish the second week in March is best for me I'm willing to go anywhere where there is snow and a little bit of life too! I'm high intermediate on piste can happily go down most things although I hate mogul fields, done a little off piste but not a lot, see if we can get a few more into this group, I notice there are a few more people in those forum wanting to get away March time!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whats everyones budget?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey fellas my budget is around £500 for digs / food .. The second week in March suits me sam12 ... Wit about you born2board ? I was in Italy at new year , there's some great slopes and great prices too on and off the piest ... A big on life in the resort would be good !! ..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey everyone ! I'm up for a trip in March - I was looking at Les Arcs as one of my friends is doing a season there - but I guess any skiing is good skiing Happy ! I'm an intermediate/advanced skier - London based.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't particularly have a budget as such but the cheaper the better, the second week for me is good 7-14? I'm RNLI lifeboat crew and am booked on a course on the 16th so that week is out of the running for me unfortunately. I have only skied the Espace killy the last few seasons so anywhere else would be a welcome change. where is everyone travelling from ? ideally I would fly from leeds or manx but can if timings permit train it down to london airports.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome ancient Galaxy
Just chatting with Sam and I've seen a fairly good deal to Italy in big ski area on the 8th March theres a couple of options .. You could poss fly fro the south by the looks , think I'd be opting for Midlands somewhere .. Haven't heard back from born to board yet .. If we are all up for those dates ? We should set up a group chat or something ?
Col
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any date around then is good for me. Are we skiers or borders. Gatwick would be best for me. Open to ideas as have only been to swiss alps in last few years . Change would be nice.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sauze Doulx was mentioned by @Brooksy69, just looked into it as I haven't heard of it but it seems a good place plenty of skiing to go at with a lively feel too! and not as expensive as the likes of Val D'Isere to what I'm used to which is a bonus! and @borntoboard, i'm a skier but i dont hold anything against you boarders Wink quite like the dynamic of a mixed group, what are peoples thoughts on accomodation, self catering apartment or catered chalet/hotel/hostel?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
however just read that the resort lies at 1510m and the Slopes 1,390m to 2,825m could there be an issue with a lack of snow ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Samc12, I would say fella the snow should be just right with the latest hits and more on the way , early March is norm good everywhere tbh .. It does look a good area with good links .. Cheap both on and of the mount compared with France etc .. Sc is coming in at 295
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have you got a link for a quick nosy?
snow conditions
I just went on crystal site fella , hit 3 peeps or 4 In part Italy .. I use crystal regularly they are now pretty up front and to be fair not bad prices and take the Agro away .. There's several for that area sauze / sestriere is 257 from Manx tho .. But I dare say we could arrange a gatwick flight for you with crystal
snow report
£215 one is coming up !! Wtf ! Haha that's with 4 traveling tho ..
ski holidays
I'm 29, intermediate skier looking for a week from 14th to 21st March. Happy to go pretty much anywhere.
ski holidays
2 people wanted to fill fully catered chalet 7th-14th March in Morzine

We are a group of 4 young couples, 3 of us have young children who are coming along (4 children in total), so you'd have to be child friendly.....but they are all gorgeous and well behaved.

It's chalet belle through treeline chalets and the room were offering is a double/twin (up to you) with ensuite.

The cost would be £435pp which is ridiculously cheap for fully catered......

We are all friendly, a mixture of boarders and skiers....total foodies! We want some relaxed, fun and friendly people to fill our spare room!
👍😀
Thanks!
Sally
snow report
So how many are interested at mo and whats everyone thinking qbout location?
latest report
@Brooksy69, cheapest one at crystal is 315 that I can can find. Gatwick would be best if poss but then the price does increase!!
latest report
@borntoboard, hey dude il be back on here about 930 this eve .. @Samc12, are you about later to get the trip sorted ? ..
ski holidays
So what are we looking at fellas leaving on the 8th ? Italy ?
snow conditions
yes should be, without throwing a spanner in the works - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g194891-d5566408-Sauze_d_Oulx_holiday_flat-Sauze_d_Oulx_Province_of_Turin_Piedmont.html if we were to go down the booking seperate route we could then go from our respective airports i saw flights were for around 210 from manx to turin, this apartment would be 590 for the saturday to saturday (280 each) then just transfers lift passes beer and food, Just an idea food for thought@Brooksy69, @borntoboard,
ski holidays
Came back from VT on Saturday and hankering for another trip but can't convince any of my mates or family to join me. Ideally looking for a trip from 21st March (probably the only time pre-Easter/end of season that I could get off work.

I'm a beginner (confident on blue runs, need conditions to be right to enjoy a red) but not too bothered if I had to ski alone (would perfer a buddy though), mainly want to keep costs as low as possible, aim for no more than £700 for flights, transfers, accom, lift pass and ski rental. Managed a trip for 3 of us last year that cost £460 each for all the above...not quite sure how the stars aligned to manage that though.
ski holidays
@Samc12, @Brooksy69, have been looking at sauze which is a good resort but am a bit worried about snow conditions .not great snow depth at mo compared to somewhere like avoriaz. Also has large piste area, good deals also. Im not ruling anywhere out but would have to book later to make sure of conditions. Avoriaz was only example/suggestion
ski holidays
Still interested in early / mid march but would probably wait till after uk half term before booking. The main operators drop their prices two to three weeks before departure.
snow report
@borntoboard, @Samc12, @Brooksy69, Hi guys, just stumbled on this thread. I am also looking to get away in either the 1st or 2nd week of March. Intermediate skiier Exeter based, but happy to travel wherever for flights. Never been To Sauze, but couldn't recommend Avoriaz enough. Let me know if you need a 4th person Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, also interested in joining a group for week from 7th March, 37yr skier, good intermediate. Not fussed at all about venue, just desperate for snow. Ideally would fly from East Mids or Birmingham as Nottingham based. Let me know if there are spaces!
latest report
So that could be 7 in total. Whos dreaming and whos in? Any suggestions on more destination's to consider and is anyone fixed on a date.
snow conditions
borntoboard wrote:
So that could be 7 in total. Whos dreaming and whos in? Any suggestions on more destination's to consider and is anyone fixed on a date.

I definitely can't do anything before 21st March as couldn't get the time off for the first week and the middle of the month is always too busy at work for them to let me go anywhere (because I'm so damn important). So likely that I'm a bit of a dreamer given the dates that others seem to be available....although if the right trip came up for the right price then I might see whether I could change people's minds!
snow report
I'm in, I've provisionally requested the 7th-14th as holiday Smile

I'd throw Avoriaz or Les Deux Alpes into the mix for potential resorts
snow conditions
Hey everyone ! Sorry for late reply - manic week at work ! Hope there's still space in the group! I've skied in Sauze before and it is a nice large resort, but can get busy ! @borntoboard Gatwick would be perfect for me too (I'm Croydon based) - what's the best deal anyone has found so far? Shall I start looking too?
snow conditions
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply but I'm at work at the moment (which for me is floating About in the North Sea!) had a bit of a nightmare and work have changed all my schedules as work away so my chance to catch any more snow this season isn't looking good! Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but it looks like there is still a good number up for going so enjoy yourselves !! Sam
latest report
@jonmarris, @Ancientgalaxy, @borntoboard,

Are we all in the same boat? 7-14th March? Is it worth making a chat to discuss in detail?
ski holidays
Any time in March ok for me
snow report
Anytime for me as well, late Feb to late March or both Smile
ski holidays
7th-14th March should be ideal - missing all school holidays (French and English!). Chat is probably a good idea so we can sort details, resort preferences, room details etc.
latest report
Looks like 7-14th it is then Smile
ski holidays
Ok so what does everyone have chat wise? Facebook?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy