Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert

Poster: A snowHead
I leave for 3 months in Montalbert on Sun arrive in the village on Monday I will try to update the snow report on a daily basis
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redrunmarcus, That's great news. Will be there in just a few weeks for second of visits Razz
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good man Very Happy snowHead Have great time. What is it with snowHead' s and Montalbert. A secret sect perhaps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Good man Very Happy snowHead Have great time. What is it with snowHead' s and Montalbert. A secret sect perhaps.

We try not to give out to many details of the best village in the Alps, Even our snow is better than La Plagne, The lift staff polite and the bars reasonably priced. Blush Ooops said to much.......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Montalbert. Generally snow is holding up very well. Having skied Les Arcs right down to Villaroger, La Plagne and the surrounding area the best conditions are in Montalbert region. Although no snow for two weeks snow making in operation and not too busy yet. The runs throuhg the trees still very enjoyable and quiet.

Saw redrunmarcus, in his fave drinking establishment once or twice.

boredsurfin, will update this thread next week no doubt
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Mouth, Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, sorry Blush Blush
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mouth, awh! it's ok! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/500/snowing.jpg

Enough said Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blimey, that's up to the bottom of the big piste map, must be a foot or more of fresh there!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
redrunmarcus, boredsurfin, Hey did not know snowheads were here as well. Fancy a drink one lunch time. Might be fun trip over from Arc 1600 with all the snow. I was there last week before it came what a difference. Let me know if u want to meet up some time. Do u board or ski.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowcrazy, They can both be found in a certain bar and restaurant at certain times of day in the village. Think they both ski but they can down a drink pretty well........... wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, What bars are they in at lunch times sounds good. When are you out again.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowcrazy, Out again beginning March.

Try Trappeurs terrace on a sunny day..... you will see one of them...... Razz
snow report
Mouth wrote:
snowcrazy, Out again beginning March.

Try Trappeurs terrace on a sunny day..... you will see one of them...... Razz

Very Happy But not until first week of April for me......Unlike some wink
latest report
Well the recent snowfall means that we have good conditions throughout the area. Although it did rain breifly last night the forecast is for more snow. Just had a fab day in sunshine and great pistes all round.
boredsurfin, Guess where I am righht now and guess what I have in my hand. NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
Mouth, How was the drive?
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, It was fine although we had snow from Reims all the way which meant at times we were following a snowplough on the autoroute going at 20mph! Having caught the 8pm train we arrived at 7.30 in the morning. All the advice was really useful.

Anyway snow report. Just back and have to say amazing conditions following heaps of snowfall which you are all no doubt aware of. All runs in pristine condition and still some good off piste in the trees. Temp is cold and our last day was in glorious sunshine. So much good snow in Montalbert and La Plagne that no need to venture too far to find your dream run and snow. With the temps remaining cold this should see the conditions stay good for some time yet.
snow report
Mouth, ssshhhh! wink Best snow in Montalbert again...........................................
snow conditions
boredsurfin, Yes as always although have to say conditions great everywhere I ventured!
snow report
Just back from a long weekend. The snow that fell over the whole La Plagne area was a mixture of snow and rain in the village. However at the top of the Montalbert chair it was invariably snowing. I can report that all village runs are offering good conditions although yesterday was getting decidely spring like in the village with very warm temperatures. The pistes are empty and I went straight onto every lift and not a single queue

The two reds through the wood - I skied/boarded these daily with a smile on my face.

Yesterday we skied form top of Grande Rochette towards Chmapgny side of valley. The reds and blacks were great and the best I have seen all season. Do them in the morning though.

I can report that redrunmarcus, has now returned to UK and bumped into him on his last morning in the supermarket. After 3 months living in MontalbertI cna only empathise what he is feeling today as he goes back to work. Looking forward to seeing you next season though and keep in touch!

IMHO the conditions should remain good through to end of season which is just as well cos we are back in 15 days.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 27-03-06 9:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Mouth, snowHead 4 for me snowHead
latest report
Thanks for the good wishes- back to work - but I keep seeing new snow on the webcam can I sneak back for a few days over Easter watch this space Toofy Grin
latest report
redrunmarcus, If you do manage to we will be there - usual bar, usual time etc!!
snow report
redrunmarcus, you'll be seeing a slightly different picture if you look at the webcam this morning Sad
latest report
PG, Yes I can see the dreaded rain -how far up does it go?
latest report
To about the knees in some places by the looks of it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus, it was raining up to 2200m yesterday - I was on the Arc 2000 plateau (by the Chalets de l'Arc at around 2100m) and it was drizzling there, and very warm.
snow report
Bump

Just been chatting to a friend who's in Montalbert. The local residents are expecting colder temps over the weekend followed by heavy snow Monday and Tuesday.

No charts no models just good old men of the mountains Toofy Grin

and probably the local TV weather forecast!
latest report
boredsurfin, ....... just about spot on ..... most reliable forecasting I have found, is to watch out for the deployment of gritters and stationing of Snow Ploughs 12 - 24 hours in advance of a 'chute' .....

......when our lane is gritted, I get a stone out & knock the edges off my skiis ....... Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy