Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So bad Christmas/New Years in France? Can things recover?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I admit to booking a holiday in advance. we went to st anton in first week of april this year. I wanted to go back there and see it when there was 'real' snow. There is no way work would let me take off the end of january, i was concerned about prices in feb/march and was reassured that there would be 'loads' of snow in january by people whose advice I believed... come september I tried booking to be told that none of the operators where flying to innsbruck from manchester, we would have to go to gatwick. Again, on misstaken advice, and my friend insisting we book early, I booked at a 'guaranteed' snow resort. Val d'isere. I have been glued to the web cams ever since. In november I ran round the office cheering cos it had snowed, then I saw it melt, now i am watching the snow falling in st anton, and everywhere else, except val d'isere. My friend who told me to book early is currently in sierra nevada snowbaording. she comes back for one week, then goes with me, then goes with her boyfriend again at the end of january somewhere else. This week will be the only week I can afford to get away, I have been waiting for nearly eight months, i have had nightmares about getting there and going hiking up the hills because there is no snow at all. Will i book early again next year. NO WAY, i would do the three hour trip to gatwick no questions asked. Please tell me it will snow continuosly for the next week till I get there, and it will all be fine and lovely....... rolling eyes snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisc,

Just a quick scan of various reports say Big White @ 110 on the upper slopes and Aspen @ 127. You can get those type of reports in lots of places in Switzerland right now. Engelberg @ 115, Andermatt @ 135 And St Anton in the Arlberg (Austria) is 140. blah, blah..

Its very early and the cold weather should be preparing a good base, something that has been missing with some of the earlier dumps.

I wouldn't be panicking just now
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kladski,
Quote:

it will all be fine and lovely.......

Yes, it will! For goodness sake - you will be on holiday! There will be snow! There will be open runs! It doesn't matter how early or late you book, the weather will always surprise you. I, and no doubt others, have had holidays where there's been no, (or virtuallly no) skiing as there has been too much snow and only a few surface lifts, serving beginner slopes, have been open.

You go on holiday and you have a good time. You enjoy what you can. Most times it is great. If it isn't - well that's life and you don't win all the time. But mostly it is. Just believe it and have a great time snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi, Good common sense as usual!!

We're all so spoilt nowadays - there are connons even in small resorts, so you're always going to be able to ski wherever you go. How much is another matter, and powder - now that is a rare commodity - you're lucky if you find it - not the other way around. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Just believe it and have a great time

Haha! i am sure I will, I still get excited just at the sight of the airport! I have no doubts it will be great, I apologise for the hint of panic yesterday..... I am not asking for much I just want everything to be perfect..... I was more agreeing that to book early was foolish, I would have saved myself weeks of squirming, but then if I hadnt booked I would now be pouring over site after site trying to find that ideal place to go, ... But please dont tell me there can be too much snow ! how funny would that be???? Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kladski, Too much snow is almost never! wink wink However, it's looking better by the minute and there seem to be several nasty lows around at the moment - always good for snow (no expert though).

chrisc There you are - it's getting better already - do you have "Dad's Army" in the states? Old sit-com about the war. "Don't panic, don't panic" wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
in terms of busy, how is that compared to the states? trying to get an idea on how crowded it will be. FWIW, i have done alot of boarding in the eastern part of the US and i don't see how any place can be more crowded. 30-40min wait lines during holiday weekends.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski wrote:

Too much snow is almost never!

Hmmm. I take it you weren't in Meribel during the middle of January last year?! Bare slopes when we arrived on Sunday, dumped down non-stop from Tuesday until when we left. I would have given anything for a couple of hours' break in the weather to enjoy the powder!!

Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skibandit, Time I went to Meribel for a 2 week holiday it snowed every day for 13 days! We never saw anything of the resort at all, but we skied all over (never got as far as Val T though - weather always closing in too fast). One day we had 65 cms during the day and the pistes were in danger of avalanching.

koondog, I'd be surprised if anywhere had such long queues apart from the first lift out of the village in the morning, even in holiday weeks. Here (where the queues are considered bad), in Feb, you can wait 20-30 mins to get the first lift up, but there are alternatives with shorter waiting times if you're not of the lemming persuasion! Many resorts may get you up and away quicker than that. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy