Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee injury and NHS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Indeed - when I made that comment I thought there'd been an NHS X ray, which had perhaps been clearer (as they'd not known what she'd done, after the Xray in Breckenridge).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
miranda wrote:
I think the NHS can and does offer a great service to many; I'm just not sure that the OPs friend got one when she returned with her X-ray and was told they were of no interest....

On the general "NHS" thing, it's just that it's not managed efficiently from the patient perspective. So you have to queue up and wait multiple times in multiple places to get any service, and then you have to keep asking "is this the best thing you can do, or would it be better if I paid you more money?".

If my (private) dentist booked me in for 09:00 and then didn't treat me until 11:30, I think you'd find that he would not be in business for long. If he refused to look at my (state of the art) American x-rays, the same would be true. It's my money, they're my teeth.

In the NHS, it's still my money, but no one there understands that, and I've no ability to take it else where.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Latest news is that she has a Segonds fracture according to the X-rays from Breck and now has an appointment at the fracture clinic for the 12th March.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Steve.S, oh dear. where are the fractures and how are they being managed? 12th March is ages away...has she seen an orthopod at all?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Steve.S wrote:
Well she went back to the doctors today and I believe that they have now looked at the X-Ray as she does have a fracture and has now been referred to the fracture clinic.
She is going to contact them again tomorrow and is going to pressure them for an appointment.

So the 2nd x-ray was indeed most worthwhile ?
Aren't the NHS great Wink

Speedy recovery!

Not really if it was a Segond fracture. That's because a Segond fracture equals an ACL rupture which should have been diagnosed from the history and examination. As far as being a significant fracture it is more a curiosity than anything else. It occurs where the capsule pulls up a small fleck of bone. The fracture itself doesn't require treatment. The ACL may require treatment.

Jonathan Bell
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The nhs is run by mps who dont actually use the nhs because they are rich and can afford private healthcare. Im going to see a doctor about my knees soon because they been getting worse and worse.. I wonder if service depends upon location.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy