Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Passes - PDS

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

A quick query I hope someone help me out with this.

It is my first time to Morzine. I haven't bought life passes with the tour operator. Instead my plan was just to buy them when I get there this Saturday.

Just wondering are the prices the same when buying them at the ticket office in Morzine vs buying them before hand online? The 6 day pass in 242.50 online.

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try to avoid buying at a lift pass office on Sunday morning, when there will be big queues (it's a busy week). Probably busy Saturday on arrival too - a lot to be said for not having to stand in one of those queues.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Unless they're claiming special online prices I'd assume the same on-line and in person. Unless there are dedicated collection lines or machines you may still be queueing up with everyone else to collect.

The TO may still be selling them on the coach, in which case depending on their exchange rate or if you've got euros you may be similarly off buying then and having it delivered at breakfast.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've been to Morzine three times now. Prices are the same where ever you buy the passes.
My advice is get your TO/Chalet/Hotel to get your passes. The queues at the weekend are pretty bad, especially the Sunday, so bypass these buy already having your passes.
Enjoy
Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same as above, get them booked in advance. Queues can be a nightmare and its such a breeze to skip past everyone and head straight up the lift.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't forget that there are two different passes. One for complete PDS and one just for Morzine/Les Gets. Depending on how much you ski, there's enough on the Morzine/Les Gets side to keep you going for a week. Last time I was there a few years ago, it was cheaper to get the Morzine/Les Gets weekly pass and buy a single day pass for the other side.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is there a separate counter for collections of pre-paid as opposed to those buying on the day?

I seem to remember pre paying for Les Gets one year and I just turned up Saturday afternoon and collected from the counter. No queue and no hassle.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We booked in advance and were able to take advantage of a 50% discount on one of the PDS passes.

Think we bought them via ski-morzine.com
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Buy from TO. Save epic faffing. @squigo,
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wouldn't trust the tour operator. They usually find some way to screw you for a few quid on tbe exchange rate.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
a few quid or a lot of queuing/time not skiing - time vs money Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
madlondoner wrote:
They usually find some way to screw you for a few quid on tbe exchange rate.

That, and/or a card fee. But buy them in euros on the bus and they are, (in my experience) the same price as advertised on the net.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
martinm wrote:
a few quid or a lot of queuing/time not skiing - time vs money Toofy Grin

Agree. Normally let TO sort it. One lift pass served up with my eggs at breakfast. Ideal.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you for your replies
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What do folk do if you aren't going with a TO? Presumably even if you pre-buy online you will have to que to collect?
snow conditions
I ordered my EK one online and it arrived in my post 4 days later - no postal charge either Smile
latest report
@SkiG, some ski resorts now have machines where you can buy passes automatically from machines (similar to cash machines) in resort. You choose your language, what sort of pass, how many days etc, and insert your credit card. And out pops a pass! Obviously, no queues as it's open 24/7.

Problem with this is you won't know it's there until you are, unless a helpful snowHead tells you snowHead .
snow conditions
There's one of those in the high street in Beaufort for the nearby resort of Areches-Beaufort. If Areches, which is tiny, can manage this, it ought not to be beyond the wit of the PDS.
latest report
@SkiG, Hotels can normally print up lift passes - often get a decent discount that way too.
snow report
There are some automatic machines in the PDS (in Chatel at least) one each at Barbossine, Pre La Joux and near the new lifts at Vonnes. They often seem to be out of order though.
snow report
@pam w, it ought not be, but is rolling eyes
snow conditions
You can reserve online, but you'll need to collect from the ticket office. This may not help.
ski holidays
For your first time if the TO is selling them on the transfer bus at the same price then I would just go with that option, the queues on busy Saturdays at the lift pass offices can be awful.

For the "smart" passes there is usually a 3 euro refundable deposit for the card as well.

In Les Gets all online ordered passes are collected from a special desk in the tourist office avoiding queuing at the main lift offices or can be delivered to hotels/rental agencies, probably not TO accommodation not sure about Morzine.

As regulars to the PDS we "recharge" our electronic passes online for each trip and never have to visit the pass office. We also accumulate points which will eventually reward us with a free day.
ski holidays
Quote:

if the TO is selling them on the transfer bus at the same price then I would just go with that option, the queues on busy Saturdays at the lift pass offices can be awful.

and what if the TO is selling them at €3 more? Would you stand in a queue for an hour for €3?
ski holidays
@pam w, I wouldn't stand in any queue for €3 especially not on a ski holiday. In the context "same" meant acceptably close. There are similar threads quoting £30 differences between TO and local prices in which case I would stand in the queue.
latest report
We diy so no TO option. I've never had to queue for very long buying passes on a Saturday. Variety of resorts but not PDS. Recently Christmas and Easter but prior to that any time. But not February half time. At most I'd say 10 minutes but often less or none. I've never bought passes on Sunday morning.
snow report
Nothing like not making it easy...buying online:

- even for recharge on existing card takes 2 hours before it's valid rolling eyes Puzzled - must be very sleepy mountain electrons they use (Chamonix 1 hour I think, must pay them better)

- if PDS you must use a turnstile at the "home" resort that you bought in for first passage - and I think that's as granular as if you buy from the Morzine site you can't start the pass in Les Gets

- Looks like they will deliver smart cards to other addresses but you have to order 3 days in advance and I'm not sure they'll deliver to a hotel if you aren't there in person
snow conditions
PDS passes are plastic cards that can be topped up online - just enter the card serial number - done this for years

If you don't have a card you can still buy online but need to allow a few days. Theres an option to have the cards posted to your home address, collect at the Caisse, collect at the tourist office and also to have them delivered to your accommodation - but this is restricted to accommodation that are registered with PDS.

I did this the first time and when I checked in they had an envelope for me containing my lift passes.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ropetow,
Quote:

need to allow a few days

Yep,
Quote:

3 days in advance

Although I wasn't reading the conditions in too much detail. Collecting from the O.T. should be pretty queue free.
snow conditions
I've never been in February half term but in all my ski weeks including a few weeks in Morzine I've nearly always bought Sunday morning at 9.30am and never had any problems. If you think it will be really bad and you are within an easy walk of the ticket office, nip down When they open before breakfast.
ski holidays
One thing to bear in mind with PdS passes, if you top up on-line, the bonus points are NOT cumulable with Over The Counter purchases.
If you can, use 2 seperate cards for internet and OTC so you don't lose out on your bonus points.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy