Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new board wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The 62 has a waist width of 25.9 and it doesn't look like they do a wide?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it's about 7 or 8mm wider than my current board.

everything i've looked at is a compromise somewhere. no one seems to make a board aimed at old farts who just want to bomb about the mountain with little effort Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carving + powder = compromise. Get the Blackout I reckon, I'm sure you won't be disappointed seeing as us... ehem older holiday boarders ride about 90% on piste and packed down side piste. This years sure is pretty as well. Come back and tell us all about it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i'm pretty much decided on it TBH.

what's the worst that can happen?

ps. you're mostly right about the terrain Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well, the worst that can happen is that i buy the only Blackout in the size i want i can find in europe from a shop in germany that then tells me it's transit damaged, and i'm still waiting for my money back Sad

i changed tack away from pure camber boards, dug deeper and have ordered a nidecker megalight.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's a good choice imo the other carp was not piste and powder.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
not that good a choice as it turned out - board found to be delaminating on delivery.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dodged a bullet there! Get something else!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you don't like the nidecker then?

got all the rigmarole of sending it back now. took them 6 bloody days to get the thing here! going out to zermatt in less than 2 weeks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just a bit of a weird board. Supposed to be a piste carver, but has 20mm of taper? That's huge! More than many fully-dedicated powder shapes.

My only personal experience of one is someone turning up to an instructor exam with it. Trainer told him to find something else to ride as it wasn't suitable! That one delaminated too...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i guess there'll always be different opinions on such thing. i very much doubt i'll be getting first hand experience now.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@RedLemon, I have a Signal Omni Wavelength 162 that I'm looking to sell, looks like it might fit your criteria: directional twin, camber between the feet with rocker at the tips for added float, mid-wide (258mm), fast sintered base. Has a couple of weeks on it but is in great condition. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you some pics.

Details here: http://www.snowdb.com/catalog/signal/2012/omni-wavelength
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks, but i think i'm moving away from a twin.

getting fed up with the whole thing now, and i'll almost certainly be using my old burton for trip next week.

or do more skiing Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You used to be indecisive but now you're not so sure?

RedLemon wrote:
do more skiing Shocked

Don't be gay.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy