Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flims Laax for a long weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at a long weekend to Flims Laax in the second half of March. Does anyone know the resort and have any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sugarmoma666, PM @eng_ch if she doesn't spot this
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi had a week there 4 or 5 years ago. We had a lot of snow. Very nice skiing bar the link run between films back to laax. I would happily go back again. Fly to Zurich and a about 2 1/4 hours dive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sugarmoma666, I used to go there once or twice a year for a weekend, when I was living a couple of hours drive away. It's a nice resort, I liked it - lots of runs, nice long runs, high up stuff, stuff through the trees... generally a good size and good variety. I found staying in resort too expensive for a weekend so always ended up in Chur. It attracts a lot of day/weekend trippers from the surrounding areas so isn't particularly quiet at weekends but there was generally plenty of space for all, though the run back down to Laax gets busy at 4pm (as everywhere!). I did find it quite expensive, though that might just be because it's a big Swiss resort, and apart from Flims-Laax I've only been to small Swiss resorts, so no idea what it compares to vs say Zermatt. But great skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went at half term in 2010, really liked the place. It's a big area, more than enough skiing for a weekend. It's also quite high with a small glacier so pretty snowsafe.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sugarmoma666, once spent a whole week living up on the mountain at Berghaus Nagens. Great place. Some wonderful off piste runs up on Cassonsgrat and off the back of the glacier, but also good for all Levels on piste. I particularly liked Falera at the time, but this was back in 1988 or thereabouts so it might have changed a bit since then!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mydaughterstayed at an awesome hotel for a skating competition in Flims, the manageress fab and gave big reductions on room prices. I'll dig out the names.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
been a few times as daughter was doing basi 2. snow this year is better than last year but last minute decision might be good as resort is quite low. we stayed in two hotels, both fine. I can give names depending on budget.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's a package I'm looking at so includes a hotel. Thanks for the offers of hotel recommendations though. It also means I have to name a decision pretty soon (tomorrow probably) rather than last minute.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I might be wrong but I don't think there are that many packages to Flims. I looked a couple of years ago and there were few and when I priced them up doing it diy was about 40% cheaper with flights into Basel or Geneva.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jellybabe wrote:
I might be wrong but I don't think there are that many packages to Flims. I looked a couple of years ago and there were few and when I priced them up doing it diy was about 40% cheaper with flights into Basel or Geneva.

DIY wouldn't get me people to ski with (and flights at sensible times are ssd now looking pretty expensive anyway). I have an option on a weekend package with people to ski with, hence the question.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do it - it's a very "fun" resort. Have a steak at La Vacca - the "tepee" restaurant next to one of the pistes. Very very good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy