Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt: Snow-forecast.com predicts 267cm dump [from 15 Feb] ... 238cm [from 13 Mar]

Poster: A snowHead
ZERMATT DUMP UPDATE

Snow-forecast.com is now predicting snow every day for the next 6 days, with 12cm today and a 46cm dump on Saturday. Screen grab:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153151972220761&set=p.10153151972220761&type=1&theater

Zermatt.ch says there will be "cloudless weather" today, with some snow on Saturday:
http://www.zermatt.ch/en/Weather-forecast

Overall, the Zermatt.ch forecast is for snow on 1 day out of the next 6.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ZERMATT DUMP UPDATE

Another clear dump forecast from snow-forecast.com for this weekend: 72cm over Saturday and Sunday:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153154206910761&set=p.10153154206910761&type=1&theater

Zermatt.ch is predicting "light snowfall occasionally" on Saturday, and nothing on Sunday:
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and your point is?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suppose my point is that it's pointless to forecast snow if it isn't going to fall, unless one thinks there's a point in raising people's expectations.
But it's too early to draw firm conclusions.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SCGB snow report says over 30CM has fallen the last 7 days, with 131 to come in the next 9 days!

zermatt.ch own site says no snow since 3rd march, and the webcams would appear to confirm this. they forecast a few CM in the coming week.

my own experience suggests that the SCGB are somewhat prone to exaggeration, to say the least.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ignore

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 20-03-15 12:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm skiing in Zermatt at the moment. Their predictions were absolutely exaggerated, but snow did fall around the summit. Maybe closer to 10-20cm on the Swiss side, yet easily 40cm, probably more in spots, on the Italian side.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@RedLemon, I have been watching webcams closely in anticipation of our Easter trip. The problem is that it depends where you measure it. I can easily believe there has been 30 cm over the last 7 days up on the glacier on the border. But there has not been a flake in Zermatt itself or in the valleys near Zermatt (e.g. Findeln). Cervinia has been looking superb and I can see us spending a lot of time over there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i'm going on sunday, and as ever - it is what it is.

my mistake was only checking the SCGB reports, so was anticipating something of a powder fest until i looked elswhere. won't make that mistake again rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ZERMATT DUMP UPDATE

The total of 85cm snow that snow-forecast.com predicted last Thursday for that day and through the weekend seems to have materialised as virtually nothing. Zermatt.ch says that some snow fell yesterday, but records it as "0cm".

Snow-forecast.com are now predicting 102cm new snow by Friday, with snow falling every day of the next five days ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153163933935761&set=p.10153163933935761&type=1&theater

http://www.zermatt.ch/en/Snow-report

Zermatt.ch says there will be "light snowfall" (1cm) on Wednesday only.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I really, really, really know I shouldn't get drawn into this ....

I have no intention of defending snow-forecast. I don't know who they are and I don't know which run they pick up for their predictions. However, I think you are comparing apples and pears. There was a bit of snow down in Zermatt on Saturday but most of that melted straight away - not surprising as daytime temperatures are about 7 degrees.. That really is not very important as nobody skis in Zermatt (at 1600m). Indeed very little skiing is done below 2000 metres. The snow-forecast reports you are showing are for 2720m. The is at about the level of Sandiger Boden (the top of the shorter lift below Trockener Steg) or Kumme. Sandinger Boden being near the south of the ski area has had some very good recent snow as the dumps over Cervinia have made it over the ridge but not got very far north. Kumme at the far north of the ski area less so but being north facing the snow there is in good shape still.

I guess if your message is: snow-forecast are rubbish then I'm not in a position to disagree, I just don't know enough. However, a lot of readers of this thread might interpret your posts as the snow is really bad in Zermatt at present, which is not the case - it is really good in all the places anyone visiting will be skiing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JohnMo wrote:
... a lot of readers of this thread might interpret your posts as the snow is really bad in Zermatt at present ...

Can't see any reason why they would do that. This thread has been about snow predictions, tested against what has actually fallen.
You're quite right that what's currently on the ground is what really matters.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just back from a long weekend in Zermatt - this thread should be put to bed now.

Snow was superb for this time of year - especially above 2,700M.

Snow over in Italy was even better.

Yes it softened in the afternoon and got very slushy on the lower runs (particularly the red from Furi) but it's late March, isn't it?

For those going out over the next few weeks - YOU'LL HAVE A BLAST.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
franga, many thanks for the report.

ZERMATT DUMP UPDATE

The latest dump forecast for Zermatt was issued by snow-forecast.com at 6am this morning: 61cm snow today, 62cm tomorrow and 9cm Thursday (132cm total).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153166641895761&set=p.10153166641895761&type=1&theater

Zermatt.ch predicts (at altitude): 0cm today, 1cm tomorrow and 8cm Thursday (9cm total).

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, we've just got onto the lift back down from Trockener Steg because there is a blizzard. Heavy snowfall with very strong wind. The morning was nice and sunny for a while, but we're now going to go and play on Gornergrat or Sunegga instead. There is certainly a lot of snow falling "at altitude"!
snow report
Need to find somewhere to book for a week starting 4th April. Am I right in thinking that the conditions will be better here than the French Alps? Initially we were looking at VT, but all of a sudden this has grabbed my attention!

Only skied CH a little; Saas Fee once, Thyon twice.
latest report
Conditions right now are great. It snowed again yesterday, although we spent the day in Cervinia in bright sunshine. The journey back was a nightmare through heavy snow, blinding low cloud and deep moguls, but it was superb. Now in the Matterhorn Express on our way back to Cervinia for the morning. I think in a week it will still be superb.
snow conditions
Very Happy
ski holidays
ZERMATT DUMP UPDATE

Snow-forecast.com are now predicting an 87cm dump for Sunday-Monday.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153173554560761&set=p.10153173554560761&type=1&theater

Zermatt.ch predicts "mostly dry" weather for Sunday, with snow on Monday.
snow report
To recap on snowfall earlier this week, it seems (remotely - those on the scene would know) that it snowed mainly on the Trockener Steg - Plateau Rosa area, and that the rest of the ski area sat more in the shadow of this.

Snow-forecast.com had predicted (on Tuesday, above) 132cm from Tuesday to Thursday. On Thursday (yesterday) Zermatt.ch reported that 30cm fell "in ski area", 2cm "in resort".

This is how it looked at Findeln, yesterday, at about this time:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153171501805761&set=p.10153171501805761&type=1&theater
latest report
Hmmm. @David Goldsmith, are you the same idiot as @Karl Marx? Sorry to ask, I just want to know so that I can add to my ignore list if so (not sure why you'd have two identities here, but the report format is identical so I thought I'd ask).
snow report
@Szymon, I'm headed to zermatt tomorrow. Where u recommend we start? Herself hasn't skiied in a while and likes blues or easy reds. We best head to cervinia?
snow report
Memphis, Cervinia is closed today, as it was yesterday. If it's open sure, but don't have that as the only option. For blues and easy reds, I suggest the Riffleberg area -- get the Matterhorn express to Furi then change to the Riffleberg express.
snow conditions
Szymon didn't wrote:
Hmmm. @David Goldsmith, are you the same meteorological genius as @Karl Marx?

[Fixed it for you]
Yes I am. Sorry this wasn't clear. It was disclosed elsewhere. Karl Marx is now dead, in terms of sH posting.
Today at 6am, snow-forecast.com is predicting 83cm new snow for tomorrow Sunday and Monday. Zermatt.ch is forecasting 10cm ...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153175637645761&set=gm.1603313366622096&type=1&theater
latest report
Snowed in zermatt all this afternoon up on the slopes. Down the town, it was raining!
snow report
ZERMATT DUMP UPDATE

Snow-forecast.com is predicting snow in every 8-hour period over the next 6 days, with 56cm today.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153180194540761&set=p.10153180194540761&type=1&theater

Zermatt.ch is reporting 5cm new snow over the past 24 hours, and 22cm on Tuesday and Wednesday.
snow report
Snowing in town this morning and snowing all day so far in gorgergrat area. Powder time! No sign of stopping either.
ski holidays
How big was the storm yesterday? Heading to Zermatt early next week. Looks like the snow that fell will hold but the snow reports are all over the place. Just praying for some great conditions. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hrorick, I'm in Cervinia at the moment and there has been around 18 inches in the village so higher up I'm guessing a lot more we skied Monday in some sections in waist deep but really heavy snow.If Zermatt has had the same you will have a great time with great conditions we are just praying for the winds to calm down for tomorrow.
snow conditions
@hrorick, hi, zermatt was closed today due to high winds. I think it should b open tomorrow. Regards snow, conditions should be very good for next week. Had ~8-10 inches of snow on riffelberg area yesterday when I was up there and it snowed most of the night as well.
ski holidays
Sounds great (apart from the lift closures of course). I arrive Thursday night so hopefully it will be set up nicely for the week.
snow conditions
Awesome! This is my first visit to Zermatt so I'm really pumped to have some nice conditions. Been watching the weather for awhile now.
Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy