Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ANOTHER Incorrect Binding Mount!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My new skis arrived yesterday (Dynastar Speed Course Pro), but my excitement quickly turned into disappointment.
Instead of starting a thread (as intended) to thank everybody who recently provided advice and helped me choose them, I find myself asking fellow snowheads for advice yet again - this time on what to do now... The binding is mounted too short (by about 1cm)!
I could not believe my eyes Sad Sad Sad

They're mounted on a plate, so it's not as bad as if they were mounted on a ski, but still...
So what would you do? I haven't contacted the shop yet. What do you think would be fair to both parties? Gosh, words cannot express my disappointment right now... Any and all advice greatly appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 13-02-15 21:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As Zorrac says this is a non issue. The R20 plate has bushed holes with metal screw threads. So you can move the bindings around as much as you like without any worries.

Buying skis cheaply over the internet often involves doing a bit of installation or adjustment. The factory tune might not be what you want either. Buying from a physical shop is often more expensive partly because they are sorting those kinds of issues for you.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Zorrac, @hyperkub, Thanks for your replies! Phew! What a relief Smile
Well, forgive my ignorance! Embarassed

I panicked as the binding would need to slide backwards by about 1cm to accommodate the boot. @hyperkub, you may remember from the thread where the best skis for ice were discussed that I weigh quite a bit - so I thought that simply sliding the rear binding backwards might upset the balance.

Now I'm so happy and excited again - can't wait to get them on the snow!
I'd like to thank everybody who recently provided insight when various options were discussed.

In the end I went for the Dynastars as they were slightly wider (74mm under foot) than the rest of the GS "cheaters" that I was considering, so are likely to perform a bit better when pistes are in a less then perfect condition. (Well at least that's the logic that I followed).
They also came with the strongest binding (14 DIN) of the bunch, had the shortest radius per given length (17m @ 184cm) and were the cheapest.

Thanks again everybody! I hope they will prove to be the right choice for me and that I will enjoy them!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy