Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin Sestriere Transfer... HELP

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guys & Girls, any suggestions for getting from Turin airport (or town) to Sestriere for one person. Currently getting quoted hundreds of pounds! Return flight is 1035 is not sure about public transport.

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers

Crem x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Go Montgenevre- http://www.go-montgenevre.com/transfersoverview/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Solway Crem, this previous thread has some info about transfers to Sauze D'OUlx. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=108650&highlight=
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hells Bells, Do you know much about buses or transfers from Oulx to Sestriere?

We have just been to Milan (from Modane in France) by TGV and the train stopped at Oulx as well as Turin. There were plenty of signs at Oulx station mentioning Sestriere so I am sure it is possible to easily get to Sestriere from there.
It shouldn't be that expensive on the train, our return journey only cost 41 euros so the leg from Turin to Oulx should be cheaper than that.

@Solway Crem, Definietly worth investigating the train and bus option.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skichampcouk, there should be a bus service that with connect with the trains. However, I think the train from Turin airport does not go directly to OUlx, but you need to change to a different station in Turin, or catch a shuttle from the airport.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
depends on what day of the week but if a Saturday, try mountvacation, as they do reasonable transfers.
Otherwise hire a car as the roads are pretty good and easy to navigate
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Solway Crem, also hang around next to the TO buses and give the rep €20
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I posted this to a similar request recently for Sauze/Montgenevre substitute Sestriere - essentially train to oulx is a doddle and cheap as chips (via a E30 cab from airport to train station):

Two of us have just been out (to Sauze) for a long weekend and while we got a private transfer (supplied by the b&b we were staying in and costing E140) to the slopes as we couldn't wait to get there*, on Monday we took the train back.

This meant a 10 minute transfer down the mountain (longer from Montgenevre but only 20mins i would guess and maybe costing E20) to Oulx and then a train to Turin which took a little over an hour and was followed by a E30 taxi (we couldn't be bothered with a bus but they are available apparently). The train was E12 each for us adults bought at the station - advance tickets are very cheap, E20 for a family of 4.

So for you guys: E20 for cab, E20 for train and E30 for cab the other end. Total cost for family E70 but you've added an hour onto your journey.

The standard transfer to Sauze at the moment seems to be E130/E140 so if it's the same to Montgenevre you're saving E70 and losing an hour each way. That's the decision to make unless you're keen to hire a car which we have also done previously as the drive is very simple and we got a good deal.

Have always thought though that you'd expect that there might be "bulk" offers from people with minibuses to the main resorts after London flights come in and I can't understand why there isn't an obvious way of booking on empty seats where it's not a TO organised deal - for instance in the minibus we got picked up in which had 5 free.

*took 50mins but our driver was keen to get back on the snow himself
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all for your replies. I've found a bus, airport to Sestriere for E37 each way. I love an European adventure and would love to get the train, but by the time I figure in taxis either side, best to get he bus.

Really appreciate your replies. Enjoy your snow/ hope you enjoyed your snow! x

Crem
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Solway Crem, Try sticking your boots on and walking some of it. It might sort out those problems of yours Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy